Sign in to follow this  
Hoytman

Finally got lucky

I was finally lucky enough to draw an early archery bull tag. Either 5b south or 8. Did anyone spend anytime in these units last year? How was the hunting? I spent time in 10 last year with a buddy and we left a bit disppointed i that unit

• Like 1

5b south is an awesome unit for 290-330 bulls and there are some whoppers in there as well. They always seem to bugle... just make sure you have your track shoes on... Cuz they always seem to be on the move non stop!!!!

If you get the 8 tag be sure and look down low in the Cedars near Drake road and a little north of there. It's thick but they get down there and hang out since there's plenty of water.

Thanks willflow. I was actually planning on starting near there since I live in chino. Just wasn't sure how many would be in there in September

All the elk in 8 are hanging out at Whitehorse lake. Next to the rv towns that go up during hunting season.

• Like 1

Theres still a 420" plus bull up there.

I heard there was a monster last year in there I'm assuming it was him.

He'll be huge this fall.

Explorer it seems that's how things are during archery deer season. People spend little or no time scouting and always seem to camp right where the deer hang out when it's not season

If it's a 5b South tag maybe I'll get lucky again and just have a chance to see this monster bull.... Never know what could happen

I wish people would share locations a little more privately. My post was made in a joking manner but members need to realize how much info we are putting out there for E scouters when we mention areas in units. Please and thank you.

• Like 2

I wish people would share locations a little more privately. My post was made in a joking manner but members need to realize how much info we are putting out there for E scouters when we mention areas in units. Please and thank you.

I don't think there is many secrets left.