Sign in to follow this  
dse

New 300 rum

Picked up my 300 from Phoenix custom rifles this week. Built on a 700 action, 27"Bartlein varmint contour barrel, McMillan TAC hunter stock, and timney trigger.post-8228-0-23565900-1459722794_thumb.jpg

Working on a load for the 200gr Eld-x top is 90gr h-1000 @3180fps avg, bottom is 90gr Rl-25 @ 3270 fps avg.post-8228-0-71393000-1459722820_thumb.jpg

From the first two groups I think it's going to be a shooter

• Like 1

I push the 215 Hybrids @ 3100 w. 90 gr. H-1000 from my .300RUM w. 28" barrel. Your speeds are great, and the accuracy looks like every PCR rifle I own too. Nice looking rifle.

I had planned on loading the 212 eld-x but haven't been able to find them yet. I couldn't be happier with the job PCR did. I just wish I would have taken a little more time finding a scope, the Nightforce isn't what I had hoped for.

I'm pretty sure I saw some of the 212 eld x at the Mesa Sportsmans Warehouse about a week ago. I shoot the 210 Berger Hunting VLD and it shoots amazing.

post-5812-0-15735000-1459732328_thumb.jpeg

I had planned on loading the 212 eld-x but haven't been able to find them yet. I couldn't be happier with the job PCR did. I just wish I would have taken a little more time finding a scope, the Nightforce isn't what I had hoped for.

Which NF are you running?

I looked through one the other day and wondered if it was my eyes that just didn't like the NF. Maybe not...

The ATACR 5-25x56Fl

Thanks. I haven't looked through one of those. I am trying to line up a new scope and get the feeling from reading NF may be slipping.

Some of what I don't like about the scope may not be a problem for someone else. I don't like the ffp, on 25x the cross hairs are huge. It could use more eye relief especially on a 300rum with no brake. But the main issue is the glass has a hard time comparing to scopes that are half the price. My vx-6 is close and in some conditions maybe a little better.

I think the reticle thickness (I assume Mil-r or MOAR?) is fine for a hunting scope. But for shooting tiny dots at distance, it is a bit heavy at 25x. But at 5x, the heavy outer stadia draw your eyes to the center. For a good LR scope with tiny center aim point at longer ranges, the Kahles SKMR is the reticle to beat. And for the price of the ATACR F1, you can get the Kahles K624i.

View of reticle on a 100 yard target.

20160319_080416_zpsyh30u01u.jpg

• Like 1

I think the reticle thickness (I assume Mil-r or MOAR?) is fine for a hunting scope. But for shooting tiny dots at distance, it is a bit heavy at 25x. But at 5x, the heavy outer stadia draw your eyes to the center. For a good LR scope with tiny center aim point at longer ranges, the Kahles SKMR is the reticle to beat. And for the price of the ATACR F1, you can get the Kahles K624i.View of reticle on a 100 yard target.20160319_080416_zpsyh30u01u.jpg

I like it! Is the glass worth the money in your opinion? Also looking hard at the swarovski X5i.

The glass is just as clear as my Schmidt&Bender. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Great features, zero stop, 2nd revolution indicator, perfect parallax adjustment, knobs have just the right tension, best reticle out there, widest FOV at any given magnification, absolutely perfect tracking, great feel to the turrets, etc.

The glass is just as clear as my Schmidt&Bender. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Great features, zero stop, 2nd revolution indicator, perfect parallax adjustment, knobs have just the right tension, best reticle out there, widest FOV at any given magnification, absolutely perfect tracking, great feel to the turrets, etc.

Sounds like the one I'm looking for. I appreciate the info!

If you ever get down to the Valley and want to look through mine before you buy one, let me know. If it is on a weekend, we can even meet at the range for you to try it out.

Next time I get a free weekend I'd love to take you up on that!