Sign in to follow this  
huntscout

NEW WORLD RECORD P&Y COUES....

Does anyone know what unit the new P&Y World Record was shot in? Harvested by Sergio Orozco in 2001 in Santa Cruz County. Scored 130 1/8 P&Y. Just curious.......

Thanks for the info Arizona Griz. I had heard that it was unit 36a, but that was just a rumor.... I haven't hunted the Patagonias before. Is it good bowhunting country?

Does anyone know where there is a picture of this buck. I would love to see that badboy!!P.S. I just hope it doesn't look like the World Record NT Coues.

This buck and many others are in Duwane Adam's new coues book. The book has been held up as most of you know, but should be out for sale in the next month. There is a full story on that buck and it isnt a fake like the NM supposed world record........call 520-385-4995 or send Amanda an email here and she can sell it to you..........There will be tons of good stories/pictures in this book and it definitely is worth the wait..........I have seen various chapters and it is great....................Allen............

Guest Guest_huntscout

There is a picture of this buck on the Kings Outdoor World website, but it is in the members section. I do not know of any other place on the web where the picture is shown........

I got this picture via email from the boys down at the SCI office a few days after it was killed. I don't have any clue where it was killed but I was told that he hunted/watched it for more than month. It is a toad!

fbdf2424.jpg

Bret M.

WOW!!!! What a buck! Thanks for posting the picture Bret!

Wonder if that guy had a hard time holding his bow back as that monster walked in front of him!

Amanda

Guest Guest

Hey Allen! Finally got a chance to chat. But what is going on with the new world record? Is it fake or real?

bowhntr

It is real. I got to see it a couple of years ago at our Bowhunting in Arizona Banquet in Tucson.

Arizona Griz.

Edited by Arizona Griz

The guy that killed it wrote a big long story on another forum about killing it. It was pretty neat. He stalked it and shot it twice I think. Or maybe he missed the first shot, I can't remember. I'll look for the link to that forum. It was over a year ago so I don't know if it'll still be around.

Josh Epperson

There is an excellent article by Tony Mandile in the Aug 2003 Rocky Mountain Game and Fish magazine about this world record buck.

Originally it grossed 144 6/8 and netted 132 6/8 as a typical. But after the panel scored it in May 2003, it received a final score of 130 1/8. It has a 6 inch drop tine that was a deduction but still beats the previous P&Y world record by 10 inches.

It's a really great story. Sergio Orozco hunted this particular buck for about 14 days.

Amanda