Elkhunter1

20 years!!!!!!!

Good luck on your hunt Stephen and again congratulations on your tag. :)

TJ

• Like 1

hey congrats on the tag!

Yes trying to draw a highly sought after tag takes time..my wife waited 17yrs and finally got her tag but in that time span my 3 daughters have drawn 12 bull tags with one of them being a early rifle tag. ( that didn't go over real well with my wife) lol. So there is ample opportunities in Az to draw bull tags. Study them regs....oh and I think tjhunt has drawn like 25 in a row or something like that.lol

• Like 2

Troy, it's now 28 straight. If a person really just wants to hunt and not worry about size and inches it can be done every year. All the elk in the unit I hunt, spikes, mature bulls, and cows, are all trophy to me. I'm so thankful I never got caught up in the number game. Those of you who have I wish you all the luck on drawing a tag. :)

TJ

• Like 6

Troy, it's now 28 straight. If a person really just wants to hunt and not worry about size and inches it can be done every year. All the elk in the unit I hunt, spikes, mature bulls, and cows, are all trophy to me. I'm so thankful I never got caught up in the number game. Those of you who have I wish you all the luck on drawing a tag. :)

TJ

TJ, just curious how many of those 28 years you were successfull?

• Like 1

I'm surprised your screen name is Elkhunter1...

• Like 1

I'm surprised your screen name is Elkhunter1...

My favorite animal to eat......and hunt......so far

• Like 1

Big Browns, I have it written down somewhere but I believe it's 22of 27. the first 2 where rifle and the rest archery. :)

TJ

• Like 1

I have had 14 elk tags in the last 16 years. This year is my 5th bull tag in that time. I always put a good bull tag as a first choice and an easy to draw cow tag as my second. I hunt elk nearly ever year and every so often i get my first choice and get to chase bulging bulls.

I got drawn on early rifle Bull in 96 with only 3 points. They really made me wait for that second one last year,...............BOB!

That's his screen name because that's how many elk tags he has had in his life time , just like me ....

Nope this is my first elk tag third bull tag I got skunked on a cow elk hunt but I've killed two bulls this year I'm going to kill bigger than my avatar.