Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

Unique deadhead

A co-worker brought in this old deadhead and I thought it was unique enough to share.

post-4217-0-42163400-1459867712_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-50543200-1459867719_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-13355000-1459867734_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

thanks for sharing. That is really neat. Wonder what age it actually was when it died.

• Like 1

Really unique for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

• Like 1

How were the teeth? Fairly fresh from a young deer or worn flat? From the photos, maybe younger deer?

Skull looks decent sized, from the limited reference I can see. I would think young weird muley or old Coues. The eyeguards are more Coueslike...

Too bad, he had some awesome character. A lot of the skulls I have found with the front of the nose crushed have been lion kills, buried up under trees or bushes. Did he say where he found it? That might help determine Coues or Muley.

Cool pickup rack for sure.

• Like 1

Cool! Are you thinkin coues or Muley? Hard to tell skull size with no reference.

I'm thinking Coues.

How were the teeth? Fairly fresh from a young deer or worn flat? From the photos, maybe younger deer?

Skull looks decent sized, from the limited reference I can see. I would think young weird muley or old Coues. The eyeguards are more Coueslike...

Too bad, he had some awesome character. A lot of the skulls I have found with the front of the nose crushed have been lion kills, buried up under trees or bushes. Did he say where he found it? That might help determine Coues or Muley.

Cool pickup rack for sure.

I will ask him where he found it when he returns on Thursday or Friday, he is off work sick for a couple of days.