Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Just want to vent

It sucks not getting a tag this year but I can't really complain.. I got a Unit 10 tag last year with just 1 bp and 2 year submitting an application and I got a bull that most people would love to get and may never get. I guess I just wanted to chase elk this year and put some more meat in the freezer. oh well, next year :)

You go out of state or hunt the crap units. I think the rules for G&F to make you a resident should be "lived in Arizona for at least 50 years.

• Like 1

I guess my question is, it was stated they hadn't drawn a late cow tag in 4 or 5 yrs? I know some of the late archery bull hunts are almost a guarantee draw? Or at least really good odds with no points. So are some of these cow not a pretty much guarantee draw? I've never looked at the cow hunts because I wouldn't be interested in them but I wouldn't see them being more popular than a bull hunt whether it be late, archery or whatever

Most guys don't want the nov archery bull tags because they would have to learn how to hunt silent elk. They don't want to spend the time to learn and pattern what elk are doing outside of the rut. When you see some of the bulls that get killed on those late hunts by guys that know how to hunt them in Nov you would be surprised. A lot of those tags go to guys that keep their mouths and pics to themselves.

• Like 2

Most guys don't want the nov archery bull tags because they would have to learn how to hunt silent elk. They don't want to spend the time to learn and pattern what elk are doing outside of the rut. When you see some of the bulls that get killed on those late hunts by guys that know how to hunt them in Nov you would be surprised. A lot of those tags go to guys that keep their mouths and pics to themselves.

Most people don't want the November archery hunts cuz they suck.

• Like 3

OK, here is the truth. I am just pissed off that this state doesn't make people who draw wait 3 years to draw again. I think it is just basically unfair. I know my chances of a bull tag in 5BS are not likely before I die. I never have shot an elk with my bow or my ML that was running in to a call. I creep around in the dark and look for a hoof or an antler and on occasion just get dumb lucky and wander around and look up for a perfect broadside. You can have the November archery hunts. They are easy to draw for a reason. That and I do love to call elk and talk to them. That is part of the fun of archery. I will likely go back to applying in NM even though I think their system is more screwed up than ours. Anyway another year with no sunshine for us and I quit the Skoal yesterday so I am going to rag on these boards until you all commit suicide to improve my odds next year.

• Like 1

Think of it as a game of 'chance'...If you're in, you have a chance!

• Like 1

So I guess my question is are cow tags in more demand than nov archery bull tags? I guess it could be an easier hunt(cow) so ppl choose that as a second choice. Yea I've seen a few picks of guys with these nov Bulls. Most seem to be studs. I'm thinkin bout one of these hunts as second choice next yr. I want to hunt so I don't care when it is! Yea I've had a sept archery hunt and its a ball and I love to listen to bugles and chase them but that comes with its on set of problems. I'm just thinkin if you can find them in nov they would be very kill able since they don't wonder over three counties at that time! Idk never tried a late hunt though

So I guess my question is are cow tags in more demand than nov archery bull tags? I guess it could be an easier hunt(cow) so ppl choose that as a second choice. Yea I've seen a few picks of guys with these nov Bulls. Most seem to be studs. I'm thinkin bout one of these hunts as second choice next yr. I want to hunt so I don't care when it is! Yea I've had a sept archery hunt and its a ball and I love to listen to bugles and chase them but that comes with its on set of problems. I'm just thinkin if you can find them in nov they would be very kill able since they don't wonder over three counties at that time! Idk never tried a late hunt though

Yes, the november bull tags are easier to draw than the cow tags. This is due to several different reason. 1. The Novemeber tags are Archery. 2. Surprisingly, a lot of people want cow tags. A lot of poeple just want the meat and could care less about the antlers. Plus the tags are still easier to draw than bull tags so more people put in for them.

Just my 2 cents.

I just cant get a logical explanation why I have no charges on my card. I have called every state agency and I just get the "run around".

Its all crap this is twice now in 12 years I dont have a tag.

:) :) :) :D

• Like 1

My buddy drew antelope with 25 points. Last time he had that tag was 1975.

He also had 16 elk pints and didn't draw.

The system doesn't work but there is really not any better solution on the table.

Be happy when you get a tag and hunt over the counter until that goes away.