KingJeff187

Taking kids on JR'S elk hunt

So who on the Page will be taking a youth hunter out for one of the JR's hunts this year. I will be taking my 10 year old daughter and 11 year old nephew on their first elk hunts this year in either unit 22 or unit 23. As for Myself , My dad, his neighbor and My cousins husband we'll be hunting late rifle bull or cow in unit 8.

post-14400-0-19526800-1459975746_thumb.jpg

So who on the Page will be taking a youth hunter out for one of the JR's hunts this year. I will be taking my 10 year old daughter and 11 year old nephew on their first elk hunts this year in either unit 22 or unit 23. As for Myself , My dad, his neighbor and My cousins husband we'll be hunting late rifle bull or cow in unit 8.

Wow! Congrats on all the tags! My son drew a junior tag in unit 1 or unit 10.

• Like 1

I will be taking my son on his first elk hunt in either 5b or 22 I didn't draw now I'm up to 10 pts but after pig hunting with him this year I don't mind taking the backseat and watching him think I was just as excited seeing him shoot his pig as I was when I got my first animal good luck on your hunt

• Like 1

Sir if your in unit 23...Please stop by the Arizona deer associations youth deer and elk camp. We will have free food for all tag holders and their hunting party. Last yr we served over 900 meals and gave away over 5000.00 dollars in prizes to the kids....AND IT'S ALL FREE !!!!! .....Look for more info to come out. Thanks Dave

• Like 7

Taking my 13 yr old son on his 2nd elk hunt.

Don't know which unit though.

Also it's not a jr tag just a regular tag.

It's either a any elk or bull tag rifle

• Like 1

I'm not taking my daughter on a junior hunt, but she has a cow tag for one of the Peaks hunts or a 7W cow tag. She had the first Peaks hunt two years ago and is hoping for redemption. We're both excited and, at 12 years old now, she's already said she'll work harder and stronger to fill her tag after not filling it 2 years ago. During that hunt, she hiked almost 23 miles in 3.5 days in some of the steepest stuff AZ has to offer (with a broken finger from soccer) and I gave her every chance to find something easier. Tough. As. Nails! Good luck to your daughter and nephew!

This was taken the last night of her hunt in 2014.

post-4869-0-45689800-1459977164_thumb.jpg

On another note, where was that bull on the left taken (unicorn)? I have a trail cam pic of a bull almost exactly like that from 2012 in 6B. Love that character!

• Like 8

Sir if your in unit 23...Please stop by the Arizona deer associations youth deer and elk camp. We will have free food for all tag holders and their hunting party. Last yr we served over 900 meals and gave away over 5000.00 dollars in prizes to the kids....AND IT'S ALL FREE !!!!! .....Look for more info to come out. Thanks Dave

If it's a 23 tag we will stop by for sure. I remember my first youth elk camp in unit 27 21 years ago.

I can honestly say I am more excited for my daughters hunt then i am over my late tag. I've killedplenty of elk on the late tag. I just want my Little girl to experience her first big game harvest. Good luck to all of you now the wait begins..haha

• Like 2

I can honestly say I am more excited for my daughters hunt then i am over my late tag. I've killedplenty of elk on the late tag. I just want my Little girl to experience her first big game harvest. Good luck to all of you now the wait begins..haha

EXACTLY! Nothing better in the world...NOTHING! We're still chasing her first elk, but she's gotten two deer and a pheasant. Now to wait for my son to turn 10 and fall into rank!

• Like 2

These camps are awesome! If there is one going on in you unit, I'd definitely go. My 11 year old son drew his second cow tag. Last year it was a late cow. This year it is the youth hunt. We will be in unit 1.

• Like 2

My daughter has been hunting with me since she was 4. She has been with me for several harvests. she also always helps us process our game when we get home. This is her and I with my 2014 archery muley. She was actually more sure of the shot i put on this deer than i was. Her exact words after i shot him and said I thought i hit him were "you smoked him dad.. I watched the arrow go in". She is going to be one heck of a hunter. I cant wait

post-14400-0-86192600-1459979551_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I will be taking either my 13 year old daughter or my 11 year old son. I'm thinking either 22 or 23. Kinda hope my daughter got drawn. My son got to be with me on an elk and a deer harvest. My daughter went on an elk hunt with me and hiked for two days and sat for hours in the cold and never complained once. Having a bunch of kids is tuff but at least someone should get drawn for elk in my house from this point on almost every year. And I'm definitely gonna check out the youth camp.

• Like 1

No tag for me so I'll be joining my best friend and his son. Looking forward to spending some time in the elk woods!

• Like 1

Son drew a cow tag. Hoping for 8 or 7 west

• Like 1