KingJeff187

Taking kids on JR'S elk hunt

I'll be out in either 6A or 23 with my 17 year old sweetie and a friend + daughter.

BIG +1 to all who have mentioned how special it is to hunt with your kids! NOTHING is better!! I have an archery bull tag as well, and I know that I will absolutely have a better time with my daughter on her Jr. cow hunt! Love it! :D :D

Can't wait!!!!!!!

S.

:)

• Like 2

These hunts are so fun! Best wishes to all. My son drew a big boy elk tag this year. It will be a blast.

• Like 1

My first son was born three weeks ago. Im already thinking about building up mom's points for him and what his first rifle should be. I can wait to have a little hunting buddy.

• Like 5

Yes, I'm excited to say that my son Elijah drew either a 4A or 22 Jr. cow hunt this year and every time he gets drawn I think I get more excited than he does. lol :) I thank God for blessing me with 2 beautiful children that love to hunt, fish and enjoy being in God's awesome creation. Here are some photos of our hunts and the making of great memories.

post-3832-0-14829100-1460037408_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-35194100-1460037448.jpg

post-3832-0-41346100-1460037483_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-63193500-1460037611_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-18969900-1460037677_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

My house drew one tag. I would lay odds it is my 13 year old daughter Taylor again. If so, it will either be a third in a row bull tag, or more likely, a general cow tag.

My older daughter and son-in-law drew elk tags too, so I will be up with them as well.

And my cousin drew back-to-back bull tags, so probably up with him too!

• Like 1

My 13 year old son drew a big boy tag. Either early mz or early rifle. Not sure on unit yet. I was way more excited that he drew than a have been when I've drawn tags in the past. Although I've never drawn a tag that good. Can't wait to hear bulls screaming and see the look on his face when he hears a close bugle. No better sound in the world! Good luck to all the kids. Come on September...

• Like 3

We have 1 Youth tag for Unit 23, either will be my daughters 1st elk tag or my sons 3rd cow tag but if it is his it will be his first Youth tag so, either way, we are excited! We will definitely be going up to see Dave and the ADA crew at the Youth camp!

• Like 1

My 16 year old daughter drew a Jr cow tag. Last time she had this tag was six years ago and she was just a little inexperienced. Looking forward to an amazing hunt.

• Like 2

It really is more exciting to hunt with my Daughter. This will be her first big game hunt with a tag of her own. It's great to see all of you guys teaching about and sharing hunting with your children. I look forward to maybe running into a few of you during Her JR's hunt this year.

Just like I had hoped my little girl got drawn (13 years old)! I was really hoping it was her so she can kill her first animal and get hooked for life. Unit 23 and were for sure gonna do the youth camp. Soooo pumped!! And on the upside my boy that didn't get drawn will have bonus points for the youth hunt next year. And the next boys behind him will be 8 and 6 this year so we'll have a lot of chances at getting drawn in the next few years!

• Like 2

We finally got the results last week on our portal accounts and it turns out my daughter has the 4th Peaks cow tag. She's excited to hunt, but even she knows how difficult it will be by that time. But she told me she's willing to put on the miles in the three days we'll likely have and stay out all day until we're either out of time or have an elk on the ground! I absolutely love her commitment and dedication!