Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

What bow to get?

What's wrong with Hoyt?

nothing if youre gay.

And if I wanted lip from you would have wiped it from my zipper

this is gonna be me shooting deer in august

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have recommended the Bowtech Carbon Icon to alot of people looking for an easy to draw, easy to shoot hunting bow that you don't have to take a second mortgage out to purchase. It is real light and nice to carry. Plus, it is carbon, so it doesn't get cold when the temps drop. I wish I still had mine.

• Like 1

If I was going to go and buy a new bow I would go with the one that Fred Bear used and that is the Bear Custom Kodiak Takedown. The design came out almost 50 years ago and these bows still shoot as well or better than other recurves with "modern" designs and materials. Those fellas were on top of their game back in the Grayling days.

• Like 2

If I was going to go and buy a new bow I would go with the one that Fred Bear used and that is the Bear Custom Kodiak Takedown. The design came out almost 50 years ago and these bows still shoot as well or better than other recurves with "modern" designs and materials. Those fellas were on top of their game back in the Grayling days.

It wont be that model, but my next bow is going to be a stick bow. Gotta take the training wheels off some time....

I like the bear super grizzly, but also have been window shopping some longbows.

• Like 2

I have a Jennings bow I horse traded for, it's my first bow. Only killed javelina with it. Have hunted elk and turkeys with it, but no success. It's heavy and bulky.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

well, you'll see a huge improvement over that old thing.

I'd start with shooting PSE's and Missions, I just bought a PSE premonition HD, (pro series, not available at bass pro) an incredibly high kinetic energy and fast bow for the money. It's funny how a lot of bows look just like it for $4-500 more. The mathews halon looks and specs just like it, but costs a solid $400 more. There's a lot of bow companies that have been trying to keep up with Arizona bows here lately. It's a tough task.

Missions are great bows for the money also. Not all the bells and whistles but they are shooters for the money.

there's hoyt, prime, obsession, athens, bowtech...the list goes on. they all gonna kill deer. develop a budget and go from there. i'd set aside for a good sight, decent arrows and broadheads, as if not more important than the bow itself.

Take your time and shoot every bow manufacturer out there at your proper draw length. Maybe do it twice. You will then start your own elimination process. You will find yourself finally leaning toward the "one". Need more help just ask. Good luck to you.

• Like 1