Sign in to follow this  
Rombo

Who is going to New Mexico

post-12916-0-54123500-1461083570_thumb.jpg

My two boys(3 and 5) headed out early this morning here in new mexico to chase some thunder chickens. The weather was horrible with snow and mix of rain coming down constantly. Had two birds talking but would not commit. Finally around 11 the weather broke and it was game time. Got on some birds in some real thick stuff and after about 20 minutes of yelping and cutting they came strutting in gobbling their heads off puttin on a show for my boys. I let them watch and told them i was going to shoot and let it go took one bird slung another shell in and took the second bird as he tried to escape. My boys were pumped and i am very proud how patient quiet and still the kept for being so young!

• Like 6

Good stuff! Love seeing the kids out enjoying what the spring has to offer! Love this time of year!!

Got my first Turkey on Wednesday in New Mexico. Took a few days to get into some hot birds and called in a double. I Shot too quick not letting both birds get good and close so my buddy wasn't able to get the other one. First bird jitters I guess

post-2743-0-45890000-1461292768_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-98956500-1461292808_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats to all, love the pictures of all your birds. Not able to make it over this year but will try again next.

Had a really difficult hunt this year in NM. Where turkey had been in the past, very little recent sign with no vocal birds. The country looks very very dry on the western part of the state. Wondering if the birds have moved around a bit due to that lack of moisture and feed.

Saw a whole lot of folks out hunting. The country has a ton of pressure.