Just got drawn for 7E late season bull, 1st time in unit. Tactics and Incite is appreciated!

:D

GOOD LUCK, hard hunt and lots of tags before you. We found a few bulls in the darkest cover we could find near water. We got up on the taller hills and glassed for hours and all we glassed up was other hunters and a few deer.

• Like 2

Im hunting there also. I will try not to chase them all off in September. It's a new unit for me also. Everything I have seen says scouting is a must. Boots on the ground my kind of hunt can't wait!

archery or rifle?

We had the cow hunt there last year and as we pulled in a group pulled out from the late rifle bull hunt. There were 3 gut piles and hides in there camp. It can be done for sure.

Harley

archery or rifle?

We had the cow hunt there last year and as we pulled in a group pulled out from the late rifle bull hunt. There were 3 gut piles and hides in there camp. It can be done for sure.

Harley

Did the elk wonder into their camp? Why would the gut piles be in camp?

• Like 1

Just got drawn for 7E late season bull, 1st time in unit. Tactics and Incite is appreciated!

:D

Rifle...

Same as bull down, I got drawn for 7E late bull. 1st elk hunt, any advise would be appreciated. I assume since the rut would be long gone by then, that calls would be useless. Would just put in the time and go find them be the best advise? I am open to any suggestions.

Late season elk hunting is basically a giant coues hunt. Get up and glass north slopes. Good luck!

• Like 3

archery or rifle?

Harley

Did the elk wonder into their camp? Why would the gut piles be in camp?
Not sure. We dumped my cows gut pile with there's. I didnt gut mine onsite because I was in a place we hoped to hunt more and didn't want the pile there and it was getting dark quick so we opted to load her up and do everything in camp. We caught the gut pile in a big plastic tote and dumped it off in the same place the other guys did.

On my late cow hunt there last year we didn't see a single bull. Saw cows almost every day but no bulls. That hunt is a week after the bull hunt though so they are probably in deep hiding still. The weather can play a big role in that hunt. Scout hard and have fun.

I will be on the same cow hunt this year too.

• Like 1

Most hunters hunt between 180 and 89n north of the peaks. A lot of elk in here but remember 7e is big and its all elk habitat except for the real open grass land.

• Like 1

Had that hunt last yr got a raghorn they were slaughtering them on west side pm if you want more info

• Like 1