CatfishKev

Paleo Diet

Catfish kev,

Regarding the APOe types and determination.

Years ago I took the 23andme genetic profile test.

Then, recently, I happened to read about the APOe types.

FInding the markers on the DNA from another site allowed me to look on my raw data that the 23and me provides.

Basically, most people benefit from the Mediterranean Diet. Others actually require more fat; a friend doesn't lose weight unless he eats enough animal fat and protein. People like me do better with less fat (not 0 fat). I eat mostly veg., almond and conconut milk and then sometimes smoothies, and then sometimes good meat and fish.

Research it. There are test on line, but 23 and me is a good place. I learned I am a slow metabolizer of caffeine.

Good topic and lots of things to consider. I agree that counting calories works. Some kind of metric is good. Pounds go up and down, look for an average overt weeks and months.

• Like 1

No fad. You eat real food. No processed BS. I'm down 30lbs, stronger than ever and ready to attack the fall hunting season.

• Like 2

The more I read the comments, the more I realize many people don't understand the concept of the Paleo diet. It's basically the diet a hunter would eat before mass produced farming and processed foods.

If your family likes to eat deer you shot with a plate full of vegetables you grew in your garden, you're eating basic paleo.

i never said you can't drink beers. You can drink beers and get shredded af I promise. If you account for it in the rest of your diet

not trying to be a dick at all , but can you please explain this diet to me , I am so trying to lose some weight but everything I read says to get rid of the beers??

its not a diet really. its just not eating too much overall, no foods are off limits. but you have to count your calories.

here some light reading for you in regards to alcohol while cutting.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Haha sweet article. Basically my diet. 280g of protein. 150g carb and 70g fat on an average day. Add 3 to 4oz of vodka to sleep and Im good to go.

That much protein would give me diarrhea fo sho!

i never said you can't drink beers. You can drink beers and get shredded af I promise. If you account for it in the rest of your diet

not trying to be a dick at all , but can you please explain this diet to me , I am so trying to lose some weight but everything I read says to get rid of the beers??

its not a diet really. its just not eating too much overall, no foods are off limits. but you have to count your calories.

here some light reading for you in regards to alcohol while cutting.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Haha sweet article. Basically my diet. 280g of protein. 150g carb and 70g fat on an average day. Add 3 to 4oz of vodka to sleep and Im good to go.
That much protein would give me diarrhea fo sho!

Actually protein does the opposite. I have to make sure to eat enough fiber!

• Like 1