Sign in to follow this  
Wrk2Hnt

23N early rifle bull!

I would hold out for a big one and if you need some help I can help put you in the right spot. I have the early archery hunt in there and I'm running about 35 cameras in there all year tell the hunt.

• Like 6

Thanks everyone. I plan to keep the post updated as it leads up to the hunt and after.

People have no right to give you crap. You earned that tag, you deserve it. You paid your dues just like everyone else. How foolish of anyone with double digit BP's to think they should get a tag before somebody with 0-2 BP's. Heck I know a gentlemen that drew the same tag last year with 6 BP's. And got it done!!! He put the smack down on a 190 inch rag horn!!! Man he earned that tag. Best news about that situation is that we worked so hard this year and wanted that tag so much more then anyone else that he went ahead and drew it again in 2016. So if you don't get a big bull.... Don't worry, you will draw in 2017.

Pretty sure Noone was giving him crap about drawing with such few points. 90% of those tags go to guys with single digit points. And unfortunately for those that have drawn it or will draw it you're odds of drawing it again the next year are about as good as getting struck by lightning. Can happen but not likely. You'll kill a great bull or you'll at least see a lot of good Bulls and have a ton of fun either way.

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying that up bone collector. I love when you enlighten the hunting world with all your knowledge. Here's a hint though. Lots of sarcasm in my post. (Sorry for that. I guess) But if you read the original posters 2nd or 3rd comment he/she said " I will probably get a lot of crap for saying how many points I have" so that is what I was responding too. I wasn't saying you or anyone else was giving him crap. But please clarify this post as well. It will help tremendously. LOL

WRK2hnt - good luck on your hunt. I was messing around in my post. Hope you whack a giant. And draw it again next year

I would hold out for a big one and if you need some help I can help put you in the right spot. I have the early archery hunt in there and I'm running about 35 cameras in there all year tell the hunt.

35 cameras for an early hunt?????UMM ok

35 cameras wow!!!! I generally run 6 cameras but move them around a bit. Takes lots of time but great fun and exercise for a geezer. Last year I had 1 of 6 cameras stolen and a previous year just the data card. Just curious out of 35 cameras how many do you get stolen per year? I know that is a terrible question to ask but just curious.

People have no right to give you crap. You earned that tag, you deserve it. You paid your dues just like everyone else. How foolish of anyone with double digit BP's to think they should get a tag before somebody with 0-2 BP's. Heck I know a gentlemen that drew the same tag last year with 6 BP's. And got it done!!! He put the smack down on a 190 inch rag horn!!! Man he earned that tag. Best news about that situation is that we worked so hard this year and wanted that tag so much more then anyone else that he went ahead and drew it again in 2016. So if you don't get a big bull.... Don't worry, you will draw in 2017.

669o3o.jpg

i heard there was a dude using 35 cams there in 2013. hard to believe

• Like 1

Don't worry guys. No body on here is giving me crap for drawing the tag. Just my buddies who put in for the same hunt and haven't drawn yet. Even they are excited one of us got it. It's all in good fun. We will be scouting and fishing all summer. More or less the scouting will just be to look at antler growth so I can set my goal. Other than that I'll still shoot a small bull on the last day for all the delicious meat if that's what it comes down to.

Thanks for clarifying that up bone collector. I love when you enlighten the hunting world with all your knowledge. Here's a hint though. Lots of sarcasm in my post. (Sorry for that. I guess) But if you read the original posters 2nd or 3rd comment he/she said " I will probably get a lot of crap for saying how many points I have" so that is what I was responding too. I wasn't saying you or anyone else was giving him crap. But please clarify this post as well. It will help tremendously. LOL

WRK2hnt - good luck on your hunt. I was messing around in my post. Hope you whack a giant. And draw it again next year

Anytime, give me a call if you want me to show you the ropes.

And he will even teach you how to properly steal cameras in 23. Among a laundry list of other things.

• Like 2

And he will even teach you how to properly steal cameras in 23. Among a laundry list of other things.

how hard can it be.

1 Cut lock

2 put in pack

3 Act like nothing happened.

Haha now there's a list. It just gets better and better. Can't wait to see that one.