Sign in to follow this  
Wrk2Hnt

23N early rifle bull!

Congratulations on a great tag. I had the archery hunt last year and had a lot of fun. From what I could gather the rut was down compared to some years but it was still a great time. My experience was that there were literally elk all over the unit last year. I'm sure you know a lot will move though, so scouting is mostly just to get familiar with the unit unless it's right before the hunt starts. Good luck

• Like 1

I would hold out for a big one and if you need some help I can help put you in the right spot. I have the early archery hunt in there and I'm running about 35 cameras in there all year tell the hunt.

35 cameras for an early hunt?????UMM ok
I love getting pictures of animals and helping hunters on here so if it bothers you that I run cameras don't comment on it.Ooh ya by the way most big bulls are killed over water and not by calling them in. Here a picture from my cameras for you to think about. I know I shouldn't of posted that picture cause I had some lookers and pm on where he is.

post-3490-0-06561900-1461557150_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

35 cameras wow!!!! I generally run 6 cameras but move them around a bit. Takes lots of time but great fun and exercise for a geezer. Last year I had 1 of 6 cameras stolen and a previous year just the data card. Just curious out of 35 cameras how many do you get stolen per year? I know that is a terrible question to ask but just curious.

last year I ran 50 trail cameras and they got 7. 5 cams in 23s and 2 in 22.

We've helped out hunters take some nice bulls in that unit. Don't "SETT:LE" for just a bull, there are indeed some "thumpers" in there!

post-11017-0-76688900-1461829695_thumb.jpg

Randy Hopp from Oregon got this bull while hunting with AWO guide Dave Bruns

post-11017-0-22868200-1461829745_thumb.jpg

Antlers off of Randy's 9 X 6 23 North bull!

post-11017-0-40602100-1461829996_thumb.jpg

My brother Gary and I with the 8 X 6 bull he took in Unit 23North.

Good luck and good hunting!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

AS to the camera thieves. I have started putting up cameras to watch my cameras. That way, if someone messes with them, and I get a picture, well you'll see it here on this and all of the other hunting sites. I don't run a bunch, maybe 6 or so, and I don't mess with other people's stuff and I don't want them to mess with mine. Best photo I got in that unit (and neither of the two bulls above were found on trail cameras, both Spot N Stalk) is of a lady who saw the camera and decided to give us a close and personal look at her more than ample bosom! Sorry I can't share the photo...Lol

47862393996(2).zip

• Like 5

Tag finally showed up in the mail. Guess I'm really going hunting 21 weeks from tomorrow.

• Like 1

Congrats on the tag. Looking forward to the hunt story and Pics................BOB!