Dont't worry about it Mike. I have thick skin! Makes the converstion interesting. To answere your question, I hunt for and enjoy harvesting a, "Bomber," like anyone else. However, I just think the emphasis on size has overwhelmed the hunting community. I'm not a novice!!!! I've taken nice bucks (Score not to be mentioned to validate my personal profile). I've taken good bucks both with a bow and a rifle. And yes, I'm an avid hunter hoping for the buck of a lifetime! "I may have taken some in your book!" Also, I have had tags unfilled, both elk and whitetail, in the hope for something bigger. I just think a person should show respect to the animal that has died at his hands, rather than the opinion his peers may have about that animal.

My feelings EXACTLY.

Nice bear Elkman. You having a rug made?

I havn't decided on what im going to do with the bear. I have toyed with idea of having half body mount with front legs on a rock, rug, shoulder. What do you guys suggest. Anyone have any pics of some nice bear mounts they could share. Thanks for all the compliments. Josh

Very nice bear. I have hunted that unit for the last couple years, but have never seen one that size. You should go with the full body mount. Its worth the extra money. David

Elkman, Congratulations on an awesome bear!! Personally I am partial to rug mounts, but they do require a big wall when you have a big bear like the one you shot. The full mounts seem to make even a big bear look much smaller than the way you remember it being in the wild. Here is a pic of a rug of my dad's bear. I think you will find that the skull unfortunately ends up losing quite a bit of score between the fresh skull and after it has been thoroughly cleaned and undergone the 60 day drying period. At least that is what I have noticed with our skulls that have been cleaned by dermestids at skulls unlimited.

post-213-1187119494.jpg

Nice Bear!!!!! Spent 4 days in 23. Saw 2. One up too high, one across a DEEP canyon. Both too far. Congrats again on the bear,

Thanks for the input.

I think i may have a half body mount from mid section foreword with the front paws on a rock? I havn't seen anything like this, but have been old it looks good. Anyone have anything like this, or have seen that type of mount. thanks

I havn't decided on what im going to do with the bear. I have toyed with idea of having half body mount with front legs on a rock, rug, shoulder. What do you guys suggest. Anyone have any pics of some nice bear mounts they could share. Thanks for all the compliments. Josh

Here's one Marc Plunkett at Wildlife Creations did for me. I built the roll-around wooden base, he did the rest. -TONY

bearmt2opt.jpg

nice bear, in 01 i killed a sow in unit 31 , they aged her at 21 years,wonder how many bears she was responsible for? plunket does good work, but is it just me or has he turned into a real fruit?

nice bear, in 01 i killed a sow in unit 31 , they aged her at 21 years,wonder how many bears she was responsible for? plunket does good work, but is it just me or has he turned into a real fruit?

If you meant mine, it's a BC bear. The rug on the wall is an AZ bear, tho.

I guess you'll have to provide a definition for "fruit" so I know what you mean? He refers to my new trophy room as the Plunkett Museum because he mounted every one of the critters in it. -TONY

post-911-1187238559.jpg

Something like this but with the arms, paws and have the rock extended

Gavin and Bud Weller down in Tucson will do exactly what you want. Plus they are not fruits except for maybe that one cold hunt in Utah.