Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Alone II

I'm not the type person that will go out and do some of that being alone that is. But I do know for a fact I would of made it through the first night. One thing that always baffles me maybe is just me, but I take comfort psychologically by making myself weapons for example a long spear. I would feel little more at ease with black bears and mountain linens around. Then obviously make sure you locate water and make an awesome shelter. Last year that one guy built walls then a round T P roof tarp. He had all sorts of room and that is a psychological benefit. For me if I'm alone I want to feel comfortable and I want to feel safe ( spears) If you watch the episode before Alone started that solder said that if he gets in a fight with a bear " they better check up on the bear I'm just saying ". He saw bear scat 10 mins in and it was all over!

When I was hunting and fishing the NW forests near Vancouver Island, one of my mental backups was always wearing good water proof boots and having a spare dry pair of socks. Keep your head and feet dry and you're good to go.

Having these contestants placed next to the ocean gives them an incredible advantage. You can build fishtraps and crab cages out of twigs for crying out loud. Kelp to salmon, it's all good. Warm dry place like the guy last season built, all that's left is the mental toughness. $500,000 before taxes is a lot of incentive to not pus out.

And then there were 8.

Note to self: when cutting kindling with a razor sharp ax, always concentrate.

Hope she's OK; tough, painful lesson.

Who do you think will be next to go?

And then there were 8.

At least she had to leave because she cut her hand open on the 7th day unlike the American solider who saw some bear scat and left before the sun went down!

• Like 2

Oh they pick those people on purpose. They want quitters or ones they know will tap out the first day. So they can make the show look like its so hard and tough to be alone camping in the woods . Shoot id be hunting and fishing every day.

I was thinking the same thing. They don't pick the 10 people they think will do the best. They're looking for drama and entertainment, so they pick some they think will tap out fairly quickly.

• Like 1

And then there were 8.

At least she had to leave because she cut her hand open on the 7th day unlike the American solider who saw some bear scat and left before the sun went down!

As you all know, just wearing the uniform doesn't make you a Warrior.. alot of remf's/pogs acting manly these days...

Never Submit, Never Surrender...

Going to have to check this show out alittle better... I need another vacation...

Just to be clear im not demeaning the military. Just like church, Christ is perfect and the church is full sinners. Some are better than others of course. Im just annoyed that this guy talked himself up big time on the episode before the season started.

Im liking the former sniper, or the old hippie, but the Spaniard intrigues me as well.

I think the sniper is tough as nails but so far out of his forte he'll be tapping soon.

Did I miss something last night? Big momma had a meltdown cuz she had to use an air horn and wave a road flare at a bear clan. She called that 'violence?'

What really bothers me is no sign of the Spaniard last night. Hope Big Betty didn't have him for a snack before tapping out.

Some of the survivalist look like they're getting settled in nicely.

Winter will separate the men from the boys.

Did I miss something last night? Big momma had a meltdown cuz she had to use an air horn and wave a road flare at a bear clan. She called that 'violence?'

What really bothers me is no sign of the Spaniard last night. Hope Big Betty didn't have him for a snack before tapping out.

The Spaniard guy seems legit like he might make it all the way. I missed some of it last night.. I like Mountain Men better.. That old man Tom is a bad a$$

love the chicken and beats comments, and even more pathetic coming from premier members. I hate the fact that d-bags like you can come on this sight and say whatever comes to mind because sitting behind your computer your balls are the size of an elephants. it really suck that this site was the best thing going for hunters chasing the grey ghost, and now its filled with assholes like you guys. Its sad but I guess that's what this site has come to, Your the ones teaching your kids that road is ethical, and we wonder this new breed of hunter has no respect. Hope you have the balls to say how you really feel in public!

• Like 1

[/quote

The Spaniard guy seems legit like he might make it all the way. I missed some of it last night.. I like Mountain Men better.. That old man Tom is a bad a$$

Tom rocks, you could learn so much from a guy like that. I missed how the fellow up in AK got all those Icelandic Ponies up there. He thought he was going to farm and graze livestock up there? Hope his ponies enjoy eating lichens.

• Like 1

love the chicken and beats comments, and even more pathetic coming from premier members. I hate the fact that d-bags like you can come on this sight and say whatever comes to mind because sitting behind your computer your balls are the size of an elephants. it really suck that this site was the best thing going for hunters chasing the grey ghost, and now its filled with assholes like you guys. Its sad but I guess that's what this site has come to, Your the ones teaching your kids that road is ethical, and we wonder this new breed of hunter has no respect. Hope you have the balls to say how you really feel in public!

Interesting first post. You might want to go read the Board Guidelines at the top of the page.

• Like 2

Supercoues actually created an account to come on here and whine about the lack of political correctness? It's tounge-in-cheek stuff. Let's not be so overly sensitive; there's too much of that going around.

Get out of the women's bathroom and go back to your Hillary rally.

• Like 1

Supercoues actually created an account to come on here and whine about the lack of political correctness? It's tounge-in-cheek stuff. Let's not be so overly sensitive; there's too much of that going around.

Get out of the women's bathroom and go back to your Hillary rally.

Lol, I don't respond to the CWT posers/trolls that frequent the forum, that drives them nuts. But I find it intriguing anyone would jump on the 'Like' button of such a stupid post, connection?

I guess it's not OK to poke fun at folks whom join a reality TV show and then quit, but it is OK to make ridiculous assumptions while attacking forum members?

Couldn't have put it better, AWatson.