Sign in to follow this  
doublelung

Tell me your experiences with September 3A3C archery bull

I would like to hear about your hunts in this unit and what I can expect on this hunt.... I am not asking for any areas to hunt..Just would like to hear about how well or bad they rut in this unit etc...

Thanks!

It's a great hunt! The rut is generally really good even if it's bad in other units. Last year I was in 23 with my dad and had my own hunt in 4b and the rut never really was that great in either place and all I heard was how the rut was going great in 3c. You'll have a fun hunt with a lot of good bulls.

• Like 1

Not having picked up a bow in 20+ years (soon to change), I have spent a lot of time in that unit during that time of year. IMO opinion it is one of the few Units you can count on the peak Rut happening around the time all the experts say it should 5 - 10 days before or after the Fall equinox .. That gives you a window of Sept 13 - Oct. 3rd for peak ... Sure you will see smaller bulls running cows in late August and Early September . The later into September you go, you will start seeing the bigger guys slip in chasing the small guys away. Great Unit and Hunt sure you will have a blast.

• Like 1

Its a good unit. My experience has been that the rut can really be hit or miss in the unit. It's a lower elevation unit and with the moon phase this year and the early dates the rut may be slow this year. That being sad I would take that tag any day. You should have a great hunt.

• Like 1

That u John? That is a B.A. Buck in your avatar pic! I never hunted it but my daughter has a late bull tag so i will be out there learning the unit. It helps that i can be in the unit in 5 minutes. DK

• Like 1

I don't have any tags in the unit this year, but my extended family has a cabin towards the east side of the unit. We usually make a few trips up there throughout the summer and I'm always looking for an excuse to sneak out and away from the craziness of my inlaws and see what I can find. Hope to do some good digiscoping...

• Like 1

That u John? That is a B.A. Buck in your avatar pic! I never hunted it but my daughter has a late bull tag so i will be out there learning the unit. It helps that i can be in the unit in 5 minutes. DK

Yup, it is me DK...I will be doing a lot of scouting this summer up that way..Maybe we can get together some time..That Coues in my avatar pic is the buck I killed down in Mexico..Awesome place to hunt!

Take care,

John

It's a lower elevation unit

30rmw6o.gif

Lotsa good info on how low of elevation 3a/3c is and how rough 4b is coming from these posts lately! Keep it coming!!!

• Like 1