Sign in to follow this  
Garmin

Ambassador Stories: Kyle Warner

The best way to predict the future is to create it, and Kyle Warnerâs outlook seems like the odds are definitely in his favor. As the two-time North American Enduro Champion prepares for yet another busy season, we wanted to sit down with Kyle and talk more on how Garmin plays a role in his hectic lifestyle.

At 23 years old, Kyle has been riding bikes for most of his life. He was born and raised in a little town named Chico at the north end of the Sacramento Valley in California where he is currently helping build a local pump track.

1658221_777547042291463_4783408708640020

Kyle races in the North American Enduro Tour. Enduro is a form of racing where you go out for a big ride with hundreds of people over one or two days and race specific timed downhill segments on single-track trails. The riders start in 30-second to 1-minute intervals and have the track to themselves. At the end of the weekend all of the timed downhill segments are combined and the rider with the lowest overall time is the winner.

Training for enduro racing is a crucial part of the sport and Garmin products have been really beneficial for Kyleâs training thus far.

âSome days you go out and feel like crap but you are actually performing better than ever. Some days you feel awesome and are riding slow. Having real world data to look at takes the guesswork out of training and lets me know where I am at during the year.â

11203654_878617625517737_742386273193133

Kyle also uses the Garmin VIRB at every race. It really helps him learn the course with the ability to review the footage alongside course maps and elevation profiles. The VIRB has become an indispensable tool in his training arsenal and Kyle absolutely recommends the action camera for beginner riders out there.

âYou are going to crash, tip over, get tired, and have to walk portions of trail. Itâs totally ok and is just part of the process. I went through all of those things when I was learning and over time you will figure it out. A positive attitude is the single most important thing you can have when trying something new.â

Join the adventure and stay tuned for some more epic POV footage from Kyle in the near future. Donât forget to share your adventures with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and use #HaveNoLimits.

The post Ambassador Stories: Kyle Warner appeared first on Garmin Blog.

GarminOnTheTrail?d=yIl2AUoC8zA GarminOnTheTrail?d=qj6IDK7rITs

View the full article

Sign in to follow this