WampusCat

Shoulder/Chest Holster

I've been playing around with leather in my spare time and intend to build a holster for a 7.5" Super Blackhawk. I am sorta particular about the way a pistol rides in a holster and I'm having trouble finding an example on the internet of exactly what I want to replicate. I am looking for something that will carry cross draw under or near under the left arm with the barrel down and slightly to the rear. The shoulder straps and their relation to the actual holster are where I'm having difficulty finding something that looks comfortable to wear all day.

Does anyone use something similar to this and have a photo they wouldn't mind sharing. Thanks in advance.

check out "pistol Packaging" they make several holsters and bandolier rigs

nmhunter

Maybe do a search for galco or jackass leather from many years ago. I use it for a ruler RedHawk 7 1/2 barrel and a s&w model 57. 8 3/8 bbl. this thing is easily 30 yrs old so it might be hard to find info. Carries pretty well tho

Few years back I thought of putting a scope on my Smith and Wesson Model 629-1

Thought it would be great to take it hunting, started looking for a chest holster, pistol had a 8 3/8 Barrel, huge pistol with the scope on it.

Most shops I went to told me they do not sell chest holsters,.

Started wondering why, finally I asked someone why they do not carry these holsters.

Sales person responded, a lot of people go to pull out there big pistols out of the holsters and end up shooting themselves in the stomach.

She said the motion to pull it out of a chest holster makes it easy to do.

Started thinking about and decided to sell the pistol.

That is an interesting view for sure. Especially when considering the mechanics of a negligent discharge on a large single action revolver or even a double action trigger pull like that of a 629.

After much searching, I have found these that particularly caught my interest.

post-11266-0-70099400-1463076551.jpg post-11266-0-06555700-1463076608_thumb.jpg

This one seems to be almost exactly what I am looking to make.

post-11266-0-08951100-1463076567.jpg

check out 7x leather. He is out of Wyoming. Does tons of custom leather work. Built me a chest holster for my 44 mag. Carry it all day during shed season. sun up to sun down. sits nicely under my bingo's. It is comfortable and adjustable to an extent. He builds it for your body size and can do it for just about any gun. Super nice guy to boot. Busy guy though does a lot of cowboying so you may need to call a few times to get him on the phone.

http://www.7xleather.com

Theta no such thing as comforr with a 6# pistol! Hey your a xd, glock, m&p and you'll discover comfort compared to that!

Theta no such thing as comforr with a 6# pistol! Hey your a xd, glock, m&p and you'll discover comfort compared to that!

Ya, I have plenty of options but you cant properly "skin that smoke wagon" with a polymer job.

• Like 1