Sign in to follow this  
ssmoore

Elk muzzleloader hunt NM

Good afternoon all,

I was fortunate enough to be drawn for NM unit 6A. I've never hunted elk with a muzzleloader.

Any advice on hunting elk with a muzzleloader?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Find em and shoot em. Best advice I can give. LoL

I'd say you should still hear some bugling during your hunt though. Good luck!

• Like 1

Use a bullet that has a good reputation on elk specifically. Make sure your rifle is accurate with that bullet and that you are achieving the velocity recommended by the manufacturer to make the bullet work as it is intended. However, do not exceed the load recomendation from the rifle manufacturer.

First combo that comes to mind is No Excuse bullets. Second is Thor 300grain. Then Barnes 295 grain. All these have quite a few positive reports for use on elk. There are many more that will be great, but there are also some that have a tainted reputation when used on elk that you should probably avoid.

This is a 2016 post.

And we are still waiting to hear results after the e-scout.

Oh yeah! Now there are a lot of them, but which ones to choose? Recently I came across of the one very interesting review article about The best waders for elk hunting. I was very interested in it because there are both positive and negative sides of the presented models of waders

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Oh yeah! Now there are a lot of them, but which ones to choose? Recently I came across of the one very interesting review article about The best waders for elk hunting. I was very interested in it because there are both positive and negative sides of the presented models of waders [/size]

Another turd circles the bowl.