Sign in to follow this  
AZMThunter

Dec Coues in 22 With 10 Points

So I have (10) total points and have been holding out for a December whitetail tag in unit 22 or 23. Am I getting pretty good odds at drawing this fall?

I am more familiar with 22 than 23, though mostly for elk - And I have not explored much of the unit south of the 260 E of the 87. Pretty familiar with W of the 87 N of 260. If you have any advise for glassing vantage points in that portion it may cut down the fuel consumption this summer LOL. If you have any gut feelings on why these units may not be the best choices, I'd love to get some input.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

• Like 1

Tagging onto your question as it relates to you, I wonder if these units will be quite as desirable as recent years with the archery hunters running around.. Part of the appeal to these units have been knowing there were only 50 others out chasing.. IMO.

• Like 1

Last year those with 10 points drew 100% in units 22 and 23.

• Like 1

put in for man sized deer with 10 points not those dainty deer.

those grown up deer were what I was hunting in 2007 when I last drew a tag - late rifle 12AW lol.... That's when I decided to hang on for a late Coues tag.

• Like 1

put in for man sized deer with 10 points not those dainty deer.

those grown up deer were what I was hunting in 2007 when I last drew a tag - late rifle 12AW lol.... That's when I decided to hang on for a late Coues tag.

i hear that

Tagging onto your question as it relates to you, I wonder if these units will be quite as desirable as recent years with the archery hunters running around.. Part of the appeal to these units have been knowing there were only 50 others out chasing.. IMO.

I hadn't thought about the impact the archery hunt would have on these areas.

With 10 points, id be holding out for the strip.

You'd be holding out for a long time.

• Like 2

A lot less then starting over at 2.

Plenty of good hunts can be had in the meantime while waiting for (possibly) the hunt of a lifetime.

13A will probably be 17 this year, 13B probably 19.

You should draw with 10 points. Don't worry about the bow hunters, most of them are in blinds and trees sitting waiting for one to walk by their salt or bait ( guys still bait even tho it is illegal). Just draw the tag and hunt your hunt. Good luck

• Like 1