Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

AZGFD Bust The Tonto Basin Charity Ride Cancer Benefit

Did anyone see the write up in the Payson Roundup about the azgfd and the Tonto Basin Charity Poker Ride that was to raise money for cancer victims? I could use some help with posting the story.

Thanks bigorange. I'm not to savy with the computer stuff. :(

TJ

I find it strange that Game & Fish was running the roadblock. Seems it should have been Gila County Sheriffs Office. Must be the whole OHV sticker thing i guess. Too bad, its a great event, and I'm glad to see that they got it done in spite of it all.

So they are upset that g&f didn't tell them to not break the law before they broke the law..?

• Like 5

The charity raised some money, for a GOOD CAUSE. AZGFD needed to raise money too, in between draw cycles. FN clowns. All they saw was an opportunity to make some money, and mess with people that would otherwise not be in trouble.

• Like 1

so there is nothing wrong with putting children's safety at risk and driving drunk or having a vehicle that is improperly tagged?

so there is nothing wrong with putting children's safety at risk and driving drunk or having a vehicle that is improperly tagged?

They let the kids make the full ride with no helmets then busted them.

• Like 1

I hope g&f starts doing this more often. Accept with calibrated breathalyzers. Tags will be easier to draw when ignorant people can't afford tags because they are paying court fines.

I sure hope the cops stop by my house tomorrow before I drop the boy off at school to remind me he needs to wear a seatbelt.

I sure hope the cops stop by my house tomorrow before I drop the boy off at school to remind me he needs to wear a seatbelt.

They WATCHED them ride off. Get it now?

• Like 2

AZG&F missed an opportunity to have a positive influence on the event. A rider orientation presented by G&F prior to the ride would have given AZG&F way better press.

• Like 2