FancyRedneck

Black River

Water was still a little high for my taste. I probably only caught about a quarter of what i usually get. But on the bright side they were all over 14"

• Like 2

I haven't been back in there since '06. I caught the biggest smallmouth of my life on 06-06-06 in those waters. Time to head back in...

Been on a weekend fishing trip up here since Thursday. east fork was decent and silver creek was very good. However the lakes are producing better. Fished big lake, show low, and fools hollow. Limit every day rather quickly.

I'm taking my family up there tomorrow and would like to get them into some fish. I'll be fishing the black river, and will be taking my 2 oldest daughters (5 and 2) to big lake and the Greer lakes for some fishing.

Been on a weekend fishing trip up here since Thursday. east fork was decent and silver creek was very good. However the lakes are producing better. Fished big lake, show low, and fools hollow. Limit every day rather quickly.

Any chance you can shoot me a PM with what was working for you at the lakes? I'm hoping to get my daughters into some fish. My last couple times out I've completely failed them (granted it was at Lynx lake and oak creek so my chances were diminished to begin with).

In the rivers we were using in line spinners, Panther martins. At the lakes we were using night crawlers. We smoked em off the spillway on show low lake on crawlers. At big lake they were hitting pink powerbait garlic scent. On show low we were using bobbers but on Big we were split shotting. The bite was very good. I suspect if you show up with night crawlers and different power bait you'll find something that works. Good luck!

• Like 1

In the rivers we were using in line spinners, Panther martins. At the lakes we were using night crawlers. We smoked em off the spillway on show low lake on crawlers. At big lake they were hitting pink powerbait garlic scent. On show low we were using bobbers but on Big we were split shotting. The bite was very good. I suspect if you show up with night crawlers and different power bait you'll find something that works. Good luck!

Awesome!

I've already got the worms and powerbait so we're good to go. Thanks for the info. I'll update when I return.
  • Like 1

Growing up the black river was the place to be. East fork and down low. I haven't been on the lower side for some time though

• Like 1

Just got back yesterday late from 4 days of camping up on the east fork. It was beautiful up there. Fishing along the East Fork was meh, although we saw G&F stocking the river on Friday. Big lake was hitting pretty good. The Black River where the east and west meet was by far the best fly fishing and an awesome place to escape. They were hitting pretty good on dry flies, mostly hare's ears.

Caught my first trout on a fly in that stretch in the early 80's. Still a magical place for me.