Sign in to follow this  
corkin it

12x50 swarovski EL V.S. Vortex Kaibab HD 15x56

Need advice guys. I have the Kaibabs but am thinking of selling and getting the swarovskis. The 12's seem like a good all around glass. There super light and very clear. I havnt been able to try a pair in the field on tripod so I was hoping you guys with a pair could give me some advice.

Ditch the 15's and get the 12's?

I have a pair 0f 10x swarovskis. but I use the 15s exclusively on my hunts except for elk. Ill carry the 10's.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jake

Swaros over vortex? (Let alone probably the best binos swaro has ever vput out) is that even a real question?

That's like filet mignon/prime rib or mcdonalds for dinner. Not even a second thought.

• Like 3

What's your question? Haha you're not allowed to compare vortex Kaibab and swaro EL's. Not even on the same level. Some compare the vortex razor 12s and the swaro 12's but even then swaro wins. But do they win by $1000+ dollars? No they don't. If you use 15's mostly sell the Kaibab and buy the new swaro 15 HD's

What's your question? Haha you're not allowed to compare vortex Kaibab and swaro EL's. Not even on the same level. Some compare the vortex razor 12s and the swaro 12's but even then swaro wins. But do they win by $1000+ dollars? No they don't. If you use 15's mostly sell the Kaibab and buy the new swaro 15 HD's

i would not do that. The hd15s have a white washed look to them when compared side by side to the el 12x50.

Buy the 12x50 els, stop micro analyzing every thing and go hunting.

• Like 1

I guess I'm with the other guys on this, Swaros 12's hands down

• Like 1

Sold my 12x50 Razors for 12x50 Swaro EL. Not knocking the Razors, I loved them and wouldn't have a problem owning another pair. But Swaros are just flat out better.

Comes down to what you can afford. If you can afford $1000-$1200 Razors are great. If you have $2500+, get the Swaros. Guys who use Cabela's brand love them as well and the are comparable to Razors in price.

The step up to swarovski is the easy answer here, but I'm with bonecollector on this one. You should really consider the swaro 15x56HD. Since you already have 10s, I'd get the 15s. If you didn't have the 10s, I'd say get the 12s.

The step up to swarovski is the easy answer here, but I'm with bonecollector on this one. You should really consider the swaro 15x56HD. Since you already have 10s, I'd get the 15s. If you didn't have the 10s, I'd say get the 12s.

^ this

i would not do that. The hd15s have a white washed look to them when compared side by side to the el 12x50.

Buy the 12x50 els, stop micro analyzing every thing and go hunting.

Have to agree with Tim on this one. I have the 15 and 12s and 10s. My 12s stay around my neck and go on the tripod when need be. 15s are a back up for anyone I am with or helping out. Got to outdoorsmans and put both side by side and you will answer your own question
  • Like 1

Guest wdenike

BRACE YOURSELF

post-10217-0-68869500-1462659562.jpg

INCOMING!!!!! LMAO

Take care, Willie

Drop the coin on the swaros, you will not regret it.

one phase has always stuck with me when buying hunting gear.....

"buy nice or buy twice".....

I have multiple Vortex Optics (Razor Scope and HD's Binos that are my sons) , but my Swaros HD's are simply awesome cant even compare them

Happy Mothers Day!! Thank you for all your responses. Im definitely going to pursue the swaro's. Need to sell a few things and it'll happen. Thanks again, Jake

I have Swaro 10's and 12's. The 12's stay around my neck and are amazing on a tripod. They don't come threaded for a tripod adapter which I still think is crap for the cost. You will have to get some hokey strap system or send them to Outdoorsmans and have them machine and press in a stud. Definitely the way to go.

• Like 1