Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Unit 23 New Mexico Mule Deer

Thanks for the info edge. I actually already have got the name and numbers to both wardens In the unit incase I need them....getting them to return my calls seems to be a whole other issue so not sure how much heck they will be in the event I need them. I also do have updated maps because I wil be that guy that won't pay attention to signs and lock gates and follow my maps as to where I should and should not be.

Good info red sparky! Thanks

This Year I drew unit 23 for Deer Bow hunt. Just returned from scouting the unit. Must say I saw About 30 different hunters scoping from The road. Most were Elk hunting. I saw Three huge Bulls Elk And no Deer at all. Just wondering if any other bow hunters have this unit And what do you think? Heading back put in a couple of days.

I drew NM unit 23 except the Burro Mts. for bow hunting whitetail-this is my 1st year hunting-figured you are never too old to learn a new sport-that & I wanted to spend some quality time with my Son (this is both our 1st time hunting) as a single Mom I often worked 3 jobs to provide the things a two parent family could, so I missed out on lots of their activities. So, wondering if anyone has tips on a good place to start in unit 23. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my request.

Respectfully,

Shirl

On 9/15/2018 at 6:56 AM, SValdez said:

I drew NM unit 23 except the Burro Mts. for bow hunting whitetail-this is my 1st year hunting-figured you are never too old to learn a new sport-that & I wanted to spend some quality time with my Son (this is both our 1st time hunting) as a single Mom I often worked 3 jobs to provide the things a two parent family could, so I missed out on lots of their activities. So, wondering if anyone has tips on a good place to start in unit 23. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my request.

Respectfully,

Shirl

How did it go? I drew a November rifle mule deer tag and would love to know how your experience went.