Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

I met Biglakejake

One of the things about hanging around this site is that we get to know people through their posts without ever actually meeting them.

I can count on only two or three fingers the coueswhitetail.com posters I would not want to meet in person, but there are a lot more than two or three dozen members whose hands I really would like to shake someday.

They include all of you who are instilling a love of hunting in your children, and people like Chef and Don Martin and (many, many) others whose posts indicate your are as passionate as I am about maintaining, promoting and protecting the tradition of hunting.

All of which is the long way to say I bumped into Biglakejake in Show Low last week and have added him to the list of those whom I am honored to have met.

That list includes Amanda, TJ (and Peg), Ernesto, Lark, Red Rabbit, Casey and the men and women to whom I was introduced at the SCI Arizona banquet last summer. I apologize if I overlooked someone, but I am afraid a lousy memory comes with my advanced age.

I don't know if he wants his identity known, so I won't give it away, but I will say to biglakejake that it was good to finally meet you. If I can find it, I'll make a point of getting that book to you.

Bill Quimby

• Like 10

Guest 300ultramag.

I am goimg to dovetail mr quimby here. I have met a handful of really great people from this site.

One in particular has been more then generous and kind towards me and my family. He helped me a ton on my archery antelope hunt (and gave me a killer antelope decoy) and has since offered his cabin to my little family. We are grateful for such kindness and generosity from somebody who didn't know me from Adam. And essentially opening there home to us.

It is a huge contrast to my every day life to meet and speak with genuine kind people.And this site is full of them. (Even Casey)I look forward to meeting all y'all someday.

• Like 4

It is a huge contrast to my every day life to meet and speak with genuine kind people.

tell me about it.

i hunted with someone i met off CW more than anyone else last year. good times. i got a dog off a CW member too.

Ive met a half dozen or so and all struck me as good folks. Something about this site...

On 11/17/2018 at 2:52 AM, biglakejake said:

sure miss his posts

Amen Brother! He brought so much to this site!