Sign in to follow this  
1worthlessnut

Yeti or canyon cooler

So I made another donation to the AZ Elk Society raffle and decided to buy if I dont win one. Canyon coolers are less expensive and have a lifetime warranty. Yeti is well Yeti. Which would or have you bought and are you happy with it.

I have a grizzly and like it alot.

Every review and testimonial I have heard or read says Canyon Coolers are the best of the class regardless of price. I don't have any of them yet, but if I do, it will be a Canyon Cooler.

Also, Canyon Coolers being a local AZ company is a extra plus in my book.

• Like 4

I've got a yeti and a grizzly. Save your money and buy canyon. Support a local company. They all seem to be as good as the other anymore. Only difference is latch preference. Remember they are not as big inside as they look on the outside!!!

I was In a camp a while back and my friend had a new Coleman he was trying out. He also had his yeti cooler next to it. The Coleman cooler was huge, but I'm not sure of the quart size. He showed me that the ice in the Coleman was lasting so much better than the yeti. Later in the week he sent me a text telling me there was still lots of ice in the Coleman and the ice in the yeti had melted long ago. I think it is called the Optimax, but I'm not for sure. David

It's pretty interesting when you start seeing these coolers compared. I had no idea how many there were out there. I've done a little searching and it isn't just one or the other - like Yeti vs Canyon. There's Grizzly, Orca, Pelican, Engle, Siberian.

I found this video pretty good, except they brought the Orca 24 hours later than the other coolers.

I bought Rtic.....

If he needs a cooler for a sheep hunt and this year is his first time applying, he might get it in time.

I have a pelican, I like it (I also bought it ridiculously cheap).

My Rtuc ships at the end of the month.

I eyed those pelicans when Costco carried them, but never pulled the trigger. They have great reviews.

I have an Rtic 65. It took about 5 months to get, I wasn't in a hurry. It seems very well built but heavy like most of the other high end brands. Seems much bigger than my Coleman Extremes. We'll see how it holds up over the years, so far I really like it. -Pat

• Like 1

I ordered a 40 can soft side from RTIC also, for day trips mostly. Getting tired of coming back to the truck from kayaking and everything is floating in water. My brother ordered a 45 and 65 qt from them.

RTIC is half the price of a yeti (like to the penny). While I would prefer a Canyon, Theyre still a little out of my price range. The Rtics are slightly bigger. Like a true 65 qt vs yetis are like 60+ (not quite 65).

Apparently the, the main draw back to the RTICs is they are increasing in popularity, and with the price... just about everything is back ordered. (Hopefully mine shows up before road it to texas in june). I don't think they have the canteen bottles like yeti, but they got everything else in duplicate.

Lifetime warranty?? it says right on the sticker 4 years, I have 2 and not impressed at all, they are heavy and don't hold as much as you think. One of them had only been used once and the sides delaminated, took it back to Flagstaff and they questioned me and where I bought it and how old it was, even though the thing was literally brand new.