Sign in to follow this  
Notime2hunt

23 Late mule deer

Looks as if they did away with the unit 23 December Mule Deer Hunt. Anybody have any information on this? Does it have something to do with opening 23 for archery in December? Unit 27 still has the late MD hunt. any thoughts?

i'm sure it has everything to do with 23 december archery being open this year. it would be a mess to have 1,000 archery hunters running around when you burn 15bp's for the rifle hunt

I believe they are just rotating that late hunt through different units. Over the last few years some have had it then went away while a new unit had it opened up. Not sure of the rotation but I believe that is their plan with those late hunts. It's a good tag and fun to hunt that time of year!

i'm sure it has everything to do with 23 december archery being open this year. it would be a mess to have 1,000 archery hunters running around when you burn 15bp's for the rifle hunt

It will be a madhouse in 23 this december. Will avoid it like the plague

Has nothing to do with the archery hunt, 17b has late rifle and archery hunters in mad numbers and it's going on the third year in a row. They should rotate these hunts around but they only do with some units and not all. 6a had a hunt for one year and they opened a diff unit the year after.

Has nothing to do with the archery hunt, 17b has late rifle and archery hunters in mad numbers and it's going on the third year in a row. They should rotate these hunts around but they only do with some units and not all. 6a had a hunt for one year and they opened a diff unit the year after.

shh they need to keep the 17b hunt until I draw it.

I had a 17b Nov. tag back in the mid - '90s and didn't see another hunter.

Last year, the late rifle hunt (15 tags) was 100% success. That unit must get pounded.

forepaw

It will be a madhouse in 23 this december. Will avoid it like the plague

C'mon you know it will be fun averagejoe.....

I think they have 10 or 15 Late muley tags in 21 this year. rifle..................BOB!

Good luck explorer you may draw the strip before that tag! Good luck

Quit stepping on my dreams