Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman99

So is it legal...

Ive got 3 BPs. Any takers? 30 pack of bud light!

I'll take em and I will even put the bud on ice!

• Like 1

Thanks trophyseeker. This is what I found and I don't see anywhere where I can sell my points to another person, only give a tag that I possess to a non-profit or surrender the tag in person at a G&F office. Sure you can join another's entry for a fee to up their odds, but after you surrender or donate your tag you have to earn and be drawn for that same species before you can use point guard again. Sales of "buddy points" was/is probably going on even without point guard.

No one is going to get rich from this, even a non hunter would probably find this a waste of time, especially since they would only use point guard once. For those that are in their 20's and don't mind sitting out for 2 to 5 years by selling their points this might be OK, but I am well into my 50's and not wasting any time not hunting to make a few bucks.

This is a great program and I spent the $5 when signing up for Big Horn sheep this year. If by some far stretch I am drawn, but can't go, this would save a lifetime hunt. Not so sure I would spend the $5 on a Javalina, Deer or Elk however.

Thanks trophyseeker. This is what I found and I don't see anywhere where I can sell my points to another person, only give a tag that I possess to a non-profit or surrender the tag in person at a G&F office. Sure you can join another's entry for a fee to up their odds, but after you surrender or donate your tag you have to earn and be drawn for that same species before you can use point guard again. Sales of "buddy points" was/is probably going on even without point guard.

No one is going to get rich from this, even a non hunter would probably find this a waste of time, especially since they would only use point guard once. For those that are in their 20's and don't mind sitting out for 2 to 5 years by selling their points this might be OK, but I am well into my 50's and not wasting any time not hunting to make a few bucks.

This is a great program and I spent the $5 when signing up for Big Horn sheep this year. If by some far stretch I am drawn, but can't go, this would save a lifetime hunt. Not so sure I would spend the $5 on a Javalina, Deer or Elk however.

I pretty much agree with you in regards to "selling" one's points. BUT...PG does give someone one extra year to make a few bucks, whereas now it's get drawn and either hunt or eat the tag and lose the points. And we also have to remember that getting drawn isn't a sure thing unless the combined points of all the applicants get them into the bonus round. So a person with a lot of points in a situation where his party doesn't get drawn, thus saves his PG use and has another year -- or maybe more -- to "sell" his points for a fee.

I got 19 points for antelope...start the bidding...

My wife also has 18 points for Elk...she is not interested in hunting... Those points are for sale as well.

I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake here. So the way a person would "sell" their bonus points would be to allow another applicant to apply with them using their accumulated points for a fee, to hopefully get the other person drawn, then surrender their own tag to reinstate their points. Is that correct?

I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake here. So the way a person would "sell" their bonus points would be to allow another applicant to apply with them using their accumulated points for a fee, to hopefully get the other person drawn, then surrender their own tag to reinstate their points. Is that correct?

Yup. It's nothing that cannot be done now, except now it can be done twice because a no hunting applicant can turn in their tag after being drawn the first time.

• Like 1