Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Dead Heads, Sheds, Mounts

Curious what is legal to sell. I have too many antlers lying around and want to get rid of them. I have some sheds i know i can sell, but what about skull cap mounts, euro mounts, and dead head pickups? Does my original tag have to be on the antlers still if it was from a kill?

Opposite of the old joke.... No hair your good, if you tagged it previously and wanna sell it your good (most don't sell their own trophies) if you pick it up bloody and hairy then no pick up or sell. If it's dry the the sale is good.

They arent trophies, just all the antlers i have. My trophy mounts are staying. I have a tiny house and running out of space. Guess i could just throw them back in the forest and let someone find them and think they hit the jackpot of shed hunting lol.

• Like 1

Not sure where you live but at my old house I had a mesquite tree that I would throw all my dink deer and javelina skulls in. Just kinda put them where ever they fit. I liked going out there every now and then and looking at them and remembering the stories about them.

You hit the core point carpcody, trophy's, sheds and pick ups really only mean something to the person who collected the goods. I believe this is why many hunting trophy's sell second hand at a large discount to the original cost. This is true as well of the plastic ones given to winners of stick and ball sports.

• Like 1