IHunt2live

Looking for advice in Unit 10

Don't hunt south or west. 3 tags early rifle last year that I tagged along on..... Hunted 5 days fully guided.... Won't say by who because they sponsor this site. Hiked SOOO SOOO long and far every day, glassed our eyes out and we're almost bored to death. We heard 1 bugle the ENTIRE TIME and that's the bull we killed, small 6x6. Didn't see or hear any other elk the entire time. The guide told us the previous 2 weeks the archery Hunter had only seen a small group of elk. 10 is going to crap. I would stick closer to the 7w area if I were you. It was HORRIBLY BORING AND HOT. Don't hunt south or west. I could not believe some people wait almost 20 years to hunt there..... I would rather have 6a late rifle after my experience with it...... Don't forget..... We were FULLY GUIDED! By a reputable outfitter!

this cant be real life.

You hear story's like that in 10 all the time. 10 is a love/hate unit no doubt about it. Some hate it....... I love it...

• Like 1

I love unit 10..just not during hunting season.

• Like 1

one can search the records for posts - threads regarding comments about hunting and elk / deer in unit 10.

doesn't paint a pretty picture

I' ve mostly been like a broken record on -- repeat - lol but nothing changes

early rifle is by far your best chances for a trophy quality hunt - bull

Good Luck to all unit 10 tag holders

Good luck to ya.wish I could tell you something but I've only been in 10 once for a deer hunt near ashfork. I have a Oct cow tag in 10 this year.if I see any good bulls during my scouts I'll let ya know. Good luck.

Hey guys me and my old man drew the archery bull tag for unit 10 and just curious if anyone else has this tag or has previous years and there experience. We just got back yesterday evening from unit 10 trying to get a game plan put together since we have never been there. I really want to get my dad a nice bull since it's gonna be his last archery hunt so any info would be great. We checked out pretty much the south west part of the unit yesterday came up through ash fork and drove probably 25 miles north of the 40. We're gonna go to the ranch as soon as it opens and go up every weekend till the hunt. Thanks for any advice in advance.

The few that are there, are pretty easy to find. Get out the 15's and you'll see them.

They need water daily (hint,hint)

Thanks for the pointers fellas. My father-in-law is no trophy hunter so he is very happy how the hunted ended. Saw bulls every morning and evening and saw more bulls then cows. They started talking pretty good on day three and we were slipping in on 4 bulls as they left their evening spots. Most had gone into the thick junipers before we got eyes on them but this bull was a bit slower and gave him a 300 yard shot.

He started hunting Arizona 52 years ago and this bull finishes his Arizona Big 10. Elk has always been his Nemesis.

post-1770-0-60127100-1475091385_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Hey guys do you know any good roads to scout on for early rifle bulls. My grandpa just passed and he got drawn. The tag was signed over to me so I'm just looking for any good spots to start.