IHunt2live

Looking for advice in Unit 10

2 hours ago, Zach Randels said:

Anything is appreciated. I'm only 15 just looking for some good advice.

Zach I don’t know anything about the unit, I’ve never been there. But I can tell you that there is some really good info to help you get started on the AZGFD website 

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/units/kingman/10/

As others have said, the hunt should be very good this year with the winter and spring moisture we have had.

I can also tell you, when in doubt, climb a hill and glass. On this hunt you can also listen for bugles in the dark before daylight and then move in closer to those bulls after legal shooting light.

Pay the access fee for the Big Bo ranch. I believe it is a reduced price for youth hunter’s. The ranch rules are here:

https://huntbigboranch.com/ranch-rules/

Good luck and please keep us updated on how things progress.

Sorry to hear about your pap.  Do you have hunting equipment? Tripod, 15x binos, a rifle. Are you new to hunting? Who will he helping you on this hunt? 

My dad will. No I have been hunting since I was ten and grew up in it. Just my first elk hunt. I have 12 × 50 binos from cabelas, and all the camo you could want. Just need good advice for elk hunting.

Hunt the Big BO.

IMG_7410.JPG

• Like 2

I was trying to get a feel of your comfort level with hunting.  I would recomend a tripod for your glass, vanguard 264AO is a good entry level tripod. I would suggest you get used to using it.  I don't know unit 10.  I would suggest you listen to some Jay Scott podcasts that break down elk units.  Good luck  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zach Randels said:

Sir royal?

He is a member on here and a super dude. He guides in 10 and hunts it every year.

• Like 1