I think I feel luck. My 9 points is going to get Me that tag .Just finished putting in..............BOB!

I think I feel luck. My 9 points is going to get Me that tag .Just finished putting in..............BOB!

You're about 9 years away! :)

9 years I will 69 years old. that is my favorite#. IL'L take it.That also means I'm living at least 9 years more too. I should dad will be 96 in 3 months,but He's not drinking the Southern Comfort like I am.....................BOB!

I'd have to agree most with coach's post #60. I've hunted it off and on for 30+ years. Luck, timing and weather... if you got that going for you things could be pretty good up there... it only takes one big buck to turn a sour hunt into the hunt of a lifetime. If you're like most of us who work our tails off and without those fortunate and unpredictable things going for you, the strip can be a pretty unforgiving and depressing hunt. Not uncommon to go several days without seeing even a deer, but the excitement of what's around the next corner or over the next ridge is what makes the strip unlike any place in the world. You never know what you may run into, and if big muleys get your blood pumping... the mystique and the legacy of the strip will keep you going even in the dark days of a flop hunt. Go into the hunt with the right mindset, knowing it's not the Kaibab where you're going to see tons of deer. Work hard, keep your attitude positive... and a strip muley hunt will be the best hunt you've ever been on even if you don't connect with the buck of your dreams.

• Like 1

i've commented on this topic before in other threads.

i found a muley last year in a desert unit, with a trillion tags that i would shoot on opening day of a strip hunt if it took me 25 years to draw the tag. he's incredible, probably the biggest 4x4 i've ever seen. i don't know if somebody's killed him last year or not. i watched him all morning on my bro's whitetail hunt. i went after him in january, and another hunter i met had a pic of him on his phone that he took at 120 yards, the previous year, when he looked to be 180 ish, but this year he looked to me to be 200 and no trash either. but a whitetail tempted me and my arrow found his heart.

so, i'm buying bonus point number 8. i can't pull the string on a deer till next january, and while i have no regrets on the whitetail, it's a tough wait, knowing he could still be out there, and there's 3 seasons of deer hunting he has to survive between now and january, and i don't think he'll make it based on where i found him.

so, do i keep waiting for the strip tag, or, hunt a more familiar unit. every year i kill a deer with my bow, the decision is easy.

That's my buck leave him alone

haha. i'm gonna stick an arrow in him the first chance i get.

Does anyone have any pics of the 2015 13A and 13B archery bucks taken that were 200"+? I think there were 6-7 over both units....

I believe most were guided?

Does anyone have any pics of the 2015 13A and 13B archery bucks taken that were 200"+? I think there were 6-7 over both units....

I believe most were guided?

Look up Chads guide service on Facebook. I believe his clients accounted for 6 of 7 shot over 200".

i would have popped this guy right off the road

I happen to know this deer was several miles from any maintained "road" that your typical road hunters hunt. But yes, a very shootable buck.

Hope I draw my 13B tag this year.

I happen to know this deer was several miles from any maintained "road" that your typical road hunters hunt.

agreed. if youre on a 2 track its not road hunting, thats what i always say.

theres a difference between main road hunters and 2 track road hunters?

I happen to know this deer was several miles from any maintained "road" that your typical road hunters hunt.

Actually it's not considered road hunting if you're on a dirt road and off the paved road .

Actually it's not considered road hunting if you're on a dirt road and off the paved road .

i think thats fair.

If it's a maintained dirt road then it would be considered road hunting if you didn't step off the road. I personally would not shoot that buck with a 13b tag.

• Like 3

If it's a maintained dirt road then it would be considered road hunting if you didn't step off the road. I personally would not shoot that buck with a 13b tag.

archery?

archery?
That is correct!
  • Like 1