GreyGhost85

Dear max point holders,........

That's just what it is right now. Next year all the guys with 26 that don't draw this year will have 27 and so forth. Eventually it will be to the point guys have 50+ points and still won't be max.

Okay that makes sense.

I just looked at the "Pass 1 & 2" for Fall 2014, and 59 hunters that drew a tag had 15 or less bonus points. Am I reading that correctly?

The 11 year old who starts applying now will eventually be a "max point holder" if he lives til he is 99 because everyone older than him will be dead. So saying he will never get there is not correct. This is always the case for every kid. You start applying and live to be very old, you will either draw, or eventually be a Max point holder. People die.

You're joking right? If I live to be 150 maybe I can go sheep hunting too. There are a ton of hypothetical situations but more than likely the 11 year old and even myself will never be max point holders (I have 15 points which in reality is nothing) and odds say we will never draw. There's always a chance but statistically speaking it's not gonna happen. And let me know how a 99 year old person does on their sheep hunt.

Um no, I'm not. Explain to me how someone turning 10, and applies for sheep every year, will not reach max points? If they don't die, they will either get a tag, or hit max points pool at year X. Thats the way it is. Might be 45pts, 55pts, 65 pts, etc. It doesn't just keep growing to infinity, two things stop it, A. people draw, and B. people stop applying(lose interest, too old and no one to pass the tag on too, or die).

The 11 year old who starts applying now will eventually be a "max point holder" if he lives til he is 99 because everyone older than him will be dead. So saying he will never get there is not correct. This is always the case for every kid. You start applying and live to be very old, you will either draw, or eventually be a Max point holder. People die.

You're joking right? If I live to be 150 maybe I can go sheep hunting too. There are a ton of hypothetical situations but more than likely the 11 year old and even myself will never be max point holders (I have 15 points which in reality is nothing) and odds say we will never draw. There's always a chance but statistically speaking it's not gonna happen. And let me know how a 99 year old person does on their sheep hunt.

If they don't die,

walking dead?

so if a 40 year old has 27 right now and he puts in for 22 every year, its possible he never gets drawn?

I think everyone with Max right now assuming he is a resident will draw before they are too old to hunt. If he is going for unit 22 could take him a while longer but I believe he would draw.

I have a friend who drew a sheep tag the year they started giving out bonus points when we were 17. We are 42 now. He started with one less than max. There are still a bunch of hunters with max ahead of him that refuse to change draw preference and he may never draw in the bonus round. That is a reality.

• Like 1

I have a friend who drew a sheep tag the year they started giving out bonus points when we were 17. We are 42 now. He started with one less than max. There are still a bunch of hunters with max ahead of him that refuse to change draw preference and he may never draw in the bonus round. That is a reality.

But what if he lives to be 125 and everyone else dies? Then what? Huh? Never say never!

Don't forget you are basing this on a system that can change. G&F just changed the draw process for NR due to the fact NR's figured they would never draw so why apply. G&F dangled a little carrot and gave the hope of drawing to keep NR's applying. So What If: G&F gets rid of units and draws sheep hunters and then tells them where they are hunting? Kind of like what they do with antelope here in NM applying for a certain area and then assigning hunters to ranch. That would help clear out max point holders, especially if you don't buy point guard.

As I look at the distribution of where max bonus point holders for sheep are applying, if things don't change , in 3-4 years people with max-1 will draw tags in the bonus point round of the draw. There will be the holdouts in the max group that only want a unit 22 tag and that group may take 10-12 years to clear out. Relax, your friend has a chance of drawing in the bonus point pass portion of the draw in just a few years. Maybe he will invite you on the hunt!

The draw works in mysterious ways and that scenario could in fact be true. This same friends' Dad drew a desert sheep tag around 5 years after the son and a Rocky tag in the random draw 5 years later. He now has Grand Slam. Keep in mind some of these guys may not actually be getting in the draw but just buying points which could drag things out even longer. A drastic drop in tags could slow things down as well. No guarantees that's for sure. The bright side is if you are a resident and choose wisely you could draw without the max. Best of luck to all.

60 in Sept. for me and only 23 points. Only chance I have is if I live like my DAD. He will be 96 in Sept. .If I get a tag in My life time it is a bonus the way I look at it......................BOB!

I see the chances for us here in Az and say...." I really don't care about the out-of-staters getting a tag!"

+1 on that. I just donated another $13 for not a chance with 20 points.