Sign in to follow this  
THE OUTDOORSMANS

Customer Appreciation Sale

We are having a Customer Appreciation Sale starting today until June 1st! Just enter the discount code MAY2016 at check out and you will receive 15% off Outdoorsmans Tripods and tripod accessories! While supplies last, limit one order per customer! Don't miss out! https://outdoorsmans.com/

12963599_1035243656522496_90954425184128

• Like 3

I have a couple of questions about the tripod extensions. I recently picked a tall tripod from Colt and really like it. However, I find that at 6'4" I wouldn't mind an extra few inches of height. How much weight would it add on to my tripod with one of your extensions Would the short extension work on my setup and give me the height I need, or am I better off with the tall extension?

Also, I have the short bino adapter. How much taller is the tall adapter?

Thanks

• Like 1

Ross at your height I would definitely recommend the tall center post extension for your tripod. The extension telescopes into itself so it essentially doubles the length or your current center post, at the same time only adding 3 oz to the weight of the total setup. The short center post extension would only extend to the length of your current center post giving you no gain in height.

The tall bino adapter is about an inch taller than the short.

Thank you for the questions!

• Like 1

Hey Ross, my buddy is 6'5" and I lent him my outdoorsmans tall tripod, it can up about 4 inches short. Just backing what outdoorsmans is recomending.

• Like 2