Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

What Unit to Apply for? Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Episode #145

I recently did a podcast episode #145 with Craig Steele of Exclusive Pursuit Outfitters and Darr Colburn of Colburn and Scott Outfitters on the different Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Units.  In this podcast we go over draw odds, number of applicants, prior years harvest data, unit conditions, and many more variables.  If you have any questions about the draw or sheep units that doesn't get answered in the podcast episode please feel free to contact me at jayscottoutdoors@gmail.com

Arizona%2BDesert%2BBighorn%2BSheep%2BHunting%2BThe%2BGnarly%2BRam%2Bwith%2BColburn%2Band%2BScott%2BOutfitters%2B15.JPG
Photo by Colburn and Scott Outfitters

Here are my top AZ Desert Bighorn Sheep Units for a non resident

• 31/32
  • 37A
  • 15D
  • 40A
  • 43B
  • 44B North
  • 13B North

Jay Scott Outdoors Big Game Hunting and Fishing Podcast Episode #145

Click Here To Listen on iTunes (for IOS/iPhone/iPad users)

Click Here To Listen on Podbean (for PC/Android users)

View the full article

• Like 1

I listened to this podcast #145 with Graig, Darr, and Jay. It was very instrumental in my decision making. I'm glad I finally applied. I spent 6hrs this morning frying my brain over which unit. You would think I would have this all figured out by now after all these years. I probably have taken years off my life burning my brain cells over these permits. My wife can't understand the pressure us guys go thru when it comes time to apply. For me, anyways, it's more pressure than actually preparing and going on the hunt. I think it's time for a bud light and relax. :)

TJ

Jay, Craig and Darr,

I really appreciate your taking the time to do this podcast. I listened to it just before applying. While it didn't change my decision on where to apply, it was great information. I enjoyed learning about the units outside of those to which I normally apply. I'm sure it especially helped those people that have joined the sheep game in Arizona more recently, but it also helped keep those of us that have applied for decades informed on the status of sheep across our state.

Marvin

Sign in to follow this