Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

In need of an auto a/c shop

Does anyone have any recommendations for an HONEST AC repair shop? My wife's 2012 Nissan Murano started blowing hot air on the way home from Payson yesterday. I'd like to get it looked at as soon as possible. Preferably in the east valley, we live in Gilbert. Thanks.

Based on recommendations on Facebook I tried Christian Brothers Auto on Ocotillo just East of AZ Ave. I was surprised to walk out of there for just over $100 to fix my AC. Really nice place and owner even followed up later in the week to make sure AC was still blowing cold.

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I have an appointment this afternoon at a different shop. If I don't like what they have to say I'll look into one of your recommendations.

Clutch went bad on the compressor. Of course you can't buy and replace just the clutch, you have to buy a whole new compressor. Sucks to do on a vehicle that's less than 4 years old and has less than 55k miles on it! On a side note a member on here "TAC" was a big help, I highly recommend reaching out to him if you need any car repairs!

Its a good thing most of the time to do the compressor if the clutch failed it seems that when they fail the compressor front seal leaks shortly after that. so replacing the compressor at that time may be a blessing and keep you from having a return visit.

• Like 2

Clutch went bad on the compressor. Of course you can't buy and replace just the clutch, you have to buy a whole new compressor. Sucks to do on a vehicle that's less than 4 years old and has less than 55k miles on it! On a side note a member on here "TAC" was a big help, I highly recommend reaching out to him if you need any car repairs!

Um... yes, you can replace the clutch separately from the compressor! If I had seen this thread earlier, I'd have sent you to Acuna Automotive. The most honest mechanic I know!

• Like 1

You can replace just the clutch but usually the clutch went bad because of to much drag from the compressor. It is never recommended anymore to just do the clutch.

• Like 1