codyhuntsaz

Do you really need a truck to hunt...

I didn't answer your question. Yes you can hunt with a two wheel drive. I know plenty of people that do. One in my home town has only had two wheel drives for as long as I've known him. He has taken some nice deer. He's a huntin fool too.

If you go 2 wheel drive add at least a limited slip in the rear diff. With that you can make it about 80% of the places a 4x4 will go except deep sand or wash travel. If you can get an electrically selectable locker so much the better. A true locker is the best for a dedicated rig, but a little much for a street vehicle in my experience, A locker you can turn on at off is a good compromise and available on some new 4x4's. Most 4x4's are really 2 wheel drive, one front and one rear. After you drive a true 4x4 that drives all four, you will always want one.

As for the SUV's all weather gear storage, I agree. Better yet is a cap camper on a pickup truck so you can throw bloody, wet or otherwise really dirty stuff in the back and hose it out later. This still gives you all weather protection and some anti theft assistance as well. I've hunted with an open back pickup truck, pickup with cap camper and SUV and I would say the cap is ideal, but the others have their advantages.

My old scion, i took this thing EVERYWHERE, been on all kinds of hunts. With that said i got a 4runner. Makes it a lot easier to get into places and now i can atleast get even further into places. 4WD FTW..

post-4454-0-00145200-1465842460_thumb.jpg

Friends don't let friends drive Scions. I was driving around Tucson with the GF's 8yo and one was going down the road near the mall in the opposite direction when he saw it and said " those things are annoying". Funniest thing I ever heard.