Sign in to follow this  
AlexB

WTB rifle in 6.5

I'm in the market for a something in 6.5 caliber if anyone's thinking about letting one go. I'd really like a savage predator max 1. Open to anything

I've got a 6.5 creedmoor built off a Remington 700 if your interested

I also have a brand new rifle in my possession in a new wildcat cartridge I am about to start load development on.

Rifle specs: R700 LA, 28" #3 fluted Benchmark 1 in 8" twist, B&C Medalist "Weatherby" style stock, Timney CE trigger. Will have a APA Micro Bastard brake on it in the future.

Cartridge is yet unnamed, but based off a 6.5-.270 Ackley Imp. 40°. I can contact the builder for price if you are interested.

But my 6-24x56 Kahles does not come with it!

If you are interested in the Savage predator mark 1 I'd wait for it. I got one in 22-250 and had to get one in Creedmoor because I shot the 22-250 so well. My experience is if there is a certain rifle you want it's best to wait and make it happen because you end up with something you are not happy with because you really want something else.

I haven't shot my creedmoor yet as I'm putting it together a bit at a time. If it shoots as well as the 22-250 I'll be set for the rest of my life.

Any way you join the 6.5 club, you'll like the results. It's not overly pricey to build one from the ground up. I built a 6.5mm-284 Norma off a Savage long action with a Shilen barrel and boyd's stock. It shoots great with a variety of handloads.

I received an email from the local store that hey have Christensen Arms rifles in stock in 6.5 Creedmore. I haven't check them but I bet they will be expensive.

I received an email from the local store that hey have Christensen Arms rifles in stock in 6.5 Creedmore. I haven't check them but I bet they will be expensive.

I'd rather have a CDL in 257.