Sign in to follow this  
ltd2004

Youth liscence and hunt question

Hello all, looking for a quick answer and can't find it in regs. My son turns 18 this summer. So my question is will his youth liscence expire when he turns 18, and since he is still 17, can he put in for youth hunt? Or because he will be 18 during hunt will he not be able to put in for those hunts. Thanks for your help.

He is considered youth going in during the draw and will still be legal after he turns 18. I was told that by a GF employee(officer). You will not be cited for being 18 and hunting the youth hunt. You don't need to buy him a new license. I hope this helps.

I actually thought that was the way it was also. In years past that's how I thought it went. I just called game and fish and waited 30 mins like all rest of the procrastinators. She said that you have to be 17 on opening day. You can turn 18 after and be legal for the whole hunt, but you can't be 18 before the hunt starts. I actually found it in the regs as well. And you were right about liscence. Your liscence is good for a calendar year. So it will save you a lot of money if you just buy a new liscence the day before your 18th birthday. Thanks a lot for your quick response.