Sign in to follow this  
poisonarrow

The best Camper

I am now building campers. This is the camper that you can use year around. I tested it this last winter to -20. I live in the mountains of Colorado and left it outside plugged in all winter. It stayed toasty warm at -20 with a little electric heater. It also has a propane heater that keeps it warm for 2 weeks with a 40# tank. The propane heater is vented.

This is a lifetime camper. It is built like a house. 2x4 walls, 2x6 floor ,plywood glued and stapled on the walls, floor, and roof. It also has double pane windows.

It is insulated with 3" of closed cell foam on the walls floor and ceiling. I designed it to run on a 2000 watt generator. The air conditioner will keep it cool at 100 . I tested that in Texas . It is also rodent proof. No rats or mice!!!!

It has solar to run the lights and pumps. It has 94 gallons of water on board. It has a full shower and composting pot.

It weighs 5900# dry.

I get $39,000.00 for one like this. I can design you anything you want.

Here are some pictures.

ghttp://s1097.photobucket.com/user/jmsjntzn1/slideshow/

that's pretty awesome!

James

You need more pics of the trailer and more info like length, bed sizes, table? Etc.

Very creative. Excellent wood work too. You might consider some slide-outs for more floor space, if that's possible with wood construction. Kudos.

I have always wanted to design my own camper/trailer. The manufactures put in so much glitzy stuff and poor design layout. Have you test drove it on the very bad roads that nobama has left us with?

• Like 1

I am loading a bunch more pictures. The table is 42" long.

The beds are long fulls. The width of a full and the length of a queen. With sides to lay against the width feels like a queen.

Every camper is custom so I could design a toy hauler. I don't do slides. My build vision is to build a camper that will last and is absolutely bullet proof. Also good for -30 weather. It is hard to seal and insulate a slide.

You can use this camper as a spare bedroom any time of the year. At Christmas we pull it up to the house and one of our girls with their family stays in it while here. If they don't want the camper we stay in it and give them our room. We love to stay in it.

The steps fold up under the camper while driving. The awning comes off before you pull out.

In the pictures there are two different campers. One I built for myself and the other is for a local rancher. He uses it on his cow lease and sleeps four men. I put two more bunk beds in his. Also on his I used new tin on the outside. On mine it is used tin.

We have pulled it over many miles. 80mph on the interstate. On forest service roads. It pulls great. It has torsion axles and hydraulic disk brakes on all four wheels.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/jmsjntzn1/slideshow/camper