Txhunter1

Arizona glass for mulies?

Have a decent pair of 10x42s and was thinking about either getting nice new ones or keeping those around my neck and getting some 15x56s on a tripod? Any input or other suggestions would be great! Thanks!

I carry 10x42 around my neck, 15x56s in my pack & use with a tripod. I also carry my spotting scope in my pack. I know it adds extra weight, but I would rather have it than not!!

I carry 10x42 around my neck, 15x56s in my pack & use with a tripod. I also carry my spotting scope in my pack. I know it adds extra weight, but I would rather have it than not!!

+1. And buy the best glass you can possibly afford. Glass is one area where the saying you get what you pay for is true.

• Like 2

Same here as most. 10x42 in a harness all the time, 15x56 and a GOOD mount and tripod in the pack. Glass from 100 yards to 2+ miles.

I have 12x50el around my neck and then glass with them off a tripod for every thing I hunt. If you cant judge an animal with a good set of 12s your too far to do any thing about it any way.

• Like 2

I have Swaro 10's and a Swaro spotter. I've used Swaro 15's a lot and I prefer 10's and a spotter. Try glassing a 300-400 yard away hill with 15"s, your field of view is very limited. I've found lots of deer with 15's but many are too far away to get to before dark.

If you have decent 10s already I would definitely get the 15s. I am like most of the other replies and carry my 10s around my neck and my 15s in my pack. However I have all of the attachments that I need to glass with my 10s too depending on the distance. I have 10X50s so I have an awesome field of view.

I've never done it before, but I hear there are some companies that actually rent high end optics now. If it's not something your going to use very often, save yourself a bunch of cash and just rent a set-up.

A friend of mine bought the 15x56 vortex vultures and I believe that they were 500 bucks. When I looked through them I thought that it was really good glass for 500 bucks and it would save you a lot of money. The only difference negatively that I noticed with the vultures was that the field of view was smaller compared to the 15x56 Swarovski's, but I could still see pretty good with them. The vultures are also smaller in size compared to the Swarovski's so they would be lighter to carry around. That's just my opinion from trying them.

I have the vulture 15 x 56s they were what I could afford & I have no regrets buying them!!