Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Best trail cam these days?

Looking to get another half dozen or so. My stock of covert assasin 2's is finally running out due to malfunctions. I have never been more impressed with a cam then I was the assasin 2. I bought a few Mp8 coverts and they are absolute garbage. I haven't used a moultrie since the film days but would be willing to try them, the only brand I won't buy is a promos I guess as I don't really like that company. Any thoughts in what's best. Don't care about black flash, would rather have a good long distance IR flash. I want something that won't false trigger on grass in the wind and is reasonably priced.

I use wildgame inovations cameras they work great. Dont buy them from a store i picked up the crush 8mp (75 foot rang IR) on ebay for $60 (regular $130 at bass pro) i also have the 4 mp camera by them and it takes great pictures too. first picture is with the 8mp the second one is with the 4mp camera

post-14400-0-38533000-1467389693_thumb.jpg

post-14400-0-94446000-1467389719_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i have been running stealth cams exclusively for the last few years. i think the ones i am running currently are the Stealth cam Skout 7's? they have been great. i never spend more than about $80-$90 on cameras anymore. although a lot of the advertise high MP's, unless you are spending a ton of money, the photos are never better than about 5mp. couple of musts for me now are the external picture counter and 1/4'x20 threaded nut in the bottom. i would personally stick with stealth cam. sportsmansguide and amazon usually have the best deals. every now and again the pop up on camofire. i refuse to use moultry/primos/covert anymore. too many issues in the past.

Great question, I've been thinking about buying another one too. My buddy just bought a Cuddeback and was testing it at home and couldn't get it to work so he took it back.

I might be trying out the plot watcher- I'm tired of thieves.

I'd get some tree climbing sticks, climb up, place the watcher on the area, angle it down and climb down, taking the sticks with me.

I'm hoping to avoid thieves this year.

I've run Bushnell trophy cams since 2009 and never had an issue yet. I bought 16 in 2009, all of them stay out year round. I'm down to 4 because of theives. I get around 4-16k pics a year depending on area. My best camera was stolen last year and was clicking over 22k pics / year.

• Like 1

I use wildgame inovations cameras they work great. Dont buy them from a store i picked up the crush 8mp (75 foot rang IR) on ebay for $60 (regular $130 at bass pro) i also have the 4 mp camera by them and it takes great pictures too. first picture is with the 8mp the second one is with the 4mp camera

GPS coordinates of cams? I would like to see what they look like hanging...

GPS coordinates of cams? I would like to see what they look like hanging...

All i'm willing to say is they are in 24b between the us-60 and roosevelt lake. have fun finding them. haha

I have or have had Browning, Simmons, Bushnell, Stealth, Primos, Moultrie and Wildgame. I try and spend less than $100 a few I have are a little over $100. I think they all make some cams that are good and some not so good. The cams I have been most happy with have been the Browning by far. My least favorite have been Primos then Moultrie. Some are way to sensitive. One cam I really like and at a good price now on Amazon is Stealth G30.

I have some of the stealthcam G30s and its hit or miss if they are sensitive or not. I just use electrical tape on all the sensors of all the cameras I have anymore. All the coverts are sensative that I have had. Electrical tape!!!! I have never bought a camera for over 100 though. Maybe they are better but I won't gamble on that much money in the woods.

Nothing worse than leaving a camera for a couple months and checking it to find out it filled the card in two weeks 😡 Sometimes I wish they were never invented. Hahahahaha

I have some of the stealthcam G30s and its hit or miss if they are sensitive or not. I just use electrical tape on all the sensors of all the cameras I have anymore. All the coverts are sensative that I have had. Electrical tape!!!! I have never bought a camera for over 100 though. Maybe they are better but I won't gamble on that much money in the woods.

Nothing worse than leaving a camera for a couple months and checking it to find out it filled the card in two weeks 😡 Sometimes I wish they were never invented. Hahahahaha

What do you do with the electric tape? My new coverts over trigger all the time even on the lowest sensitivity mode.