Sign in to follow this  
jp0212

Sleep in hunting clothes when backpack hunting?

I sleep in the same underwear all week. I just changed em yesterday. Start of a new week. OH! You Guys are talking Hunting. My bad.................BOB!

Sleeping in the nude is a myth, layered clothes in your bag is warmer every time

He never specified if he was sleeping alone or not

• Like 1

Sleeping in the nude is a myth, layered clothes in your bag is warmer every time

depends, if your cloths are wet... you have to sleep in the buff

I sleep in a bathing suit or cotton boxers, not nude, because it protects the bag from your stink. In the morning, turn the bag inside out and let it air. If it's REAL cold, I'll sleep in a base layer. I'm a pretty warm sleeper.

As for nude and military, if your clothes are wet from sweat or rain, wearing them in the bag is a huge mistake. Typically the less clothes on your body the better.

What do you sleep in at home? that's probably what you should sleep in while camping.

Guest akaspecials

I sleep in my synthetic base layers and throw on my fleece layers if it's really cold. Occasionally I'll just build a fire and sleep in my parka and insulated coveralls on a foam pad if I don't want to carry a sleeping bag.

I pay attention to wind instead of trying to stay scent free. The biggest favor you can do for yourself is throw away any cotton items you own and replace them with wool or synthetic. Then turn your bag inside out and let it dry, even if it's only an hour, it'll keep your bag dried out and cleaner.

The best way to stay scent free is go on a vegan diet for a month before hunting season. Animals are not as alarmed by the smell of a veggiesaurus over a meatasaurus. Do some sagebrush sweat lodge cleanses. Wash your hair in purified water then slick it down with some deer tallow. Make sure to wash your clothes in scent free soap and then let line dry. Make sure you use the UV inhibitor soap as well. Then turn on your Ozonics and stay downwind.

If I sleep in clothes I usually sleep colder than just my boxer briefs.

• Like 1

The best way to stay scent free is go on a vegan diet for a month before hunting season. Animals are not as alarmed by the smell of a veggiesaurus over a meatasaurus. Do some sagebrush sweat lodge cleanses. Wash your hair in purified water then slick it down with some deer tallow. Make sure to wash your clothes in scent free soap and then let line dry. Make sure you use the UV inhibitor soap as well. Then turn on your Ozonics and stay downwind.

If I sleep in clothes I usually sleep colder than just my boxer briefs.

Or just put your hair up in a man-bun. I hear it the moment you throw it up you become one with nature and can speak to deer.

If it's cold take a Fat Girl with You problem solved as far as keeping warm. I don't know about the stink problem!...........BOB!

• Like 2

You'll be fine sleeping in the appropriate layers for the season. If you are sweating you are wearing too much.

The wind is your friend. Scent control products are no match for a deer down wind. There is no way I'm packing in a liquid unless I can drink it!

Wool, you won't get skanky like synthetics, but that's just for my nose, you won't ever fool an animal down wind. I only take an extra pair of socks.

Wool for base and fleece/synthetics for outer... no cotton especially socks, might as well wear sandpaper on your feet, synthetics and you'll gag a maggot.

Fire won't disturb animals, you are in their living room, they know you are there fire or not. If they ran from every noise or possible danger they'd never stop. Back in animals are less spooky anyway.

More than once I've killed a coues buck and had to run his buddies off and gutted him while they watched from a couple hundred yards off.

Don't overthink this stuff.

Kent