Sign in to follow this  
jp0212

Sleep in hunting clothes when backpack hunting?

Sleeping with elk or deer pellets in your bag, or even adding them to your breakfast cereal, creates a natural cover sent.

• Like 4

Sleeping with elk or deer pellets in your bag, or even adding them to your breakfast cereal, creates a natural cover sent.

This one got me. I almost spit my drink out...Almost. But that would be neglect, and neglect is abuse. Nobody likes to see alcohol abused.

The less clothes that you wear in a sleeping bag the warmer you will be. Did you ever see a Army issue wool sleeping bag? Solders were told to sleep in the nude in them.

I learned this when I was 12 years old in boy scouts. I was at a camp in east central ohio in sub zero temps. I was told to sleep in my underwear and I would be warmer. I called b.s. and slept with all my cloths. Froze my butt off. Sleep in underwear and your good to go, its not a myth.

The less clothes that you wear in a sleeping bag the warmer you will be. Did you ever see a Army issue wool sleeping bag? Solders were told to sleep in the nude in them.

Lol... that's what I do. With the right sleeping system, sleeping nude actually takes your body heat and radiates it back to you. Feels like a dang oven in there.. haha

• Like 1

Lol... that's what I do. With the right sleeping system, sleeping nude actually takes your body heat and radiates it back to you. Feels like a dang oven in there.. haha

I agree with everything but the nude part. You gotta have skivvies.

• Like 2

A sleeping bag liner is the trick. It adds very little weight with a 10deg gain in warmth. All the sweat and oil gets on it and not my expensive bag.

Not to change the subject, but what type of liner do you use?

Your body gives off (sweats) over a quart of moisture overnight as you sleep. That's why sleeping with a minimum of (or no) clothes on inside your bag should keep you warmer --- that dampness (which wicks away body heat) won't be trapped next to your skin ...

Guest oneshot

Never camping with you freaks

HaHaHa... if we went camping and you woke-up with butter all over your butt, would you tell anyone???

Here's another trick - space blanket. Put it under your bag on top of mattress, like sleeping on top of an electric blanket BUT your bag will be damp from condensation, Air it out int he morning. I use a heavy duty one I got years ago from Army Aircraft Survival Kit....