jp0212

Best way to meet hunting bros

i robbed a guys spot using background pics off coueswhitetail, then i told him about it. we hunted like 10 days together last year, he is a good dude.

• Like 2

Youth hunt camps have great people and it is always awesome to see a kid kill their first big game. If you know the unit, guide/mentor a kid or just help glass and then pack out some elk meat. Heavy packs in elk country always makes for new friends and great memories!!

• Like 1

I've made some great friends from getting to know fellow CW memebers. CW has some of the best people I know. Most guys will share a camp and a few beers if you just ask. Your welcome to join me and my buddies in camp any time.

• Like 5

I met my current hunting partner through my daughter's softball team 15 years ago. Most of my previous hunting partners outside of AZ have been family and friends of family.

The guys I've hunted with I've met at archery ranges or critter group work projects. Plenty of folks on here that are more than welcome in my camp.

Finding a good hunting partner can be harder than finding a good wife. I have good friends that hunt that I will not even hunt with for one reason or another. So many things go into a good partner. such as: Help around camp, share costs, keep mouth shut about hunting spots, don't invite outsiders without approval, help in animal recovery, hunting ethics, hunting methods, drinker/non-drinker, I could go on and on. I have found that sometimes it is just easier and better to hunt solo.

In my job, I am around people constantly and they are always asking questions. The time alone is pretty special to me.

Funny thing about my best hunting partners, we almost always hunt solo but we share a camp and all the other stuff. Very rarely do we actually walk and hunt together.

Good luck in your pursuit.

• Like 4

Get involved in some of the local hunting organizations (RMEF, AEF, AZ Deer Association, etc...). Participate in the camps/activities that those organizations have...... Hunting camps, trash clean-up projects, water projects, fences, youth camps, banquets, etc. That could be a good way to meet some like-minded folks.

Happy hunting!

S.

:)

• Like 1

Finding a good hunting partner can be harder than finding a good wife. I have good friends that hunt that I will not even hunt with for one reason or another. So many things go into a good partner. such as: Help around camp, share costs, keep mouth shut about hunting spots, don't invite outsiders without approval, help in animal recovery, hunting ethics, hunting methods, drinker/non-drinker, I could go on and on. I have found that sometimes it is just easier and better to hunt solo.

^^^^ What he said! ^^^^

We have a pretty big sized camp for Deer and Javelina hunts. Which consists of family and friends. We camp together but we all head out our own separate ways in the morning for the hunt. Works out pretty good.

I'm fortunate enough that my two best buddies ( who are actually brothers ) hunt. They are actually the ones that turned me on to hunting. I also have a couple other buddies who hunt so it works out perfect!

Please don't forget to respect your buddies hunting spots! If someone shows you a spot, DON'T take another buddy there unless you ask. Don't be upset if your hunting buddy says NO. Yes it's public land, but without common respect your hunting buddies will NOT share spots with you any longer and you will be looking for another hunting buddy.....

• Like 6

Please don't forget to respect your buddies hunting spots! If someone shows you a spot, DON'T take another buddy there unless you ask. Don't be upset if your hunting buddy says NO. Yes it's public land, but without common respect your hunting buddies will NOT share spots with you any longer and you will be looking for another hunting buddy.....

Agreed. There is nothing more frustrating than helping someone out, only to have them reap the benefits of all your hard work. I have gotten some amazing help from people on this forum (thanks again Big Browns!! B) ). I always make it a point to delete all waypoints, etc. from my GPS and not visit the spot again so I forget it. I had an amazing spot in 23 that I hunted for a few years without seeing another person. I felt bad for someone that needed a little help, so I pointed him that way. Not sure how many other people he told, after two years there ended suddenly being a couple other people, and the animals seemed to dry up from what I think might have been pressure from guys who didn't know what they were doing. Major bummer.

In my job, I am around people constantly and they are always asking questions. The time alone is pretty special to me.

Funny thing about my best hunting partners, we almost always hunt solo but we share a camp and all the other stuff. Very rarely do we actually walk and hunt together.

Good luck in your pursuit.

This +1000!

I have hunted with many people over the years and there is only one i will still hunt with due to the above mentioned items.

I have hunted with many people over the years and there is only one i will still hunt with due to the above mentioned items.

ouch