Sign in to follow this  
bgshooter

Looking for Diamond Infinite Edge Bow

I've decided to give archery a try (me and my boys). So I'm looking into getting a couple bows and after doing some research, I think I want to go with the Diamond Infinite Edge (or the new Edge SB-1).

But before I buy new, I always like to see if I can save some $ and get something used (but not abused).

So if anyone is thinking about getting rid of their bow, please send me a PM and we can chat.

Thanks!

i bought one of these for my wife last year from Cabela's. It's a pretty sweet rig for the money and came complete with sights, rest, stabilizer & quiver. Only think we had to do was buy some arrows for it and put everything together.

Recently, while looking for an upgraded bow for my daughter I came across the PSE Stinger. Has some pretty good reviews and I'm a big fan of single-cam bows anyway. You can find these brand new on ebay for less than what the website lists them at.

Good luck and welcome to a life long addiction!

http://pse-archery.com/shop/mainline-compound-bows/stinger-x-2016/

• Like 1

Just curious what your research consisted of? Please do not take this the wrong way, but until you and your boys shoot the bows you are thinking of buying, your research is far from complete. Just because a bow looks good on paper does not mean that it will be the one that feels the best to you. I'd suggest getting a list of 5-15 bows that meet whatever list of criteria you are looking for and then shooting them all to find the one you like.

Just curious what your research consisted of? Please do not take this the wrong way, but until you and your boys shoot the bows you are thinking of buying, your research is far from complete. Just because a bow looks good on paper does not mean that it will be the one that feels the best to you. I'd suggest getting a list of 5-15 bows that meet whatever list of criteria you are looking for and then shooting them all to find the one you like.

What I liked about these on paper is the range of adjust-ability. Being able to go from 5-70 pounds is a huge plus for my kids since they, in theory, can use this bow forever...until something (unfixable) breaks. I believe they're currently somewhere within 10-20 pound range being they're on the smaller size for their age. For me, doesn't really matter (just prefer to have the same brand model). But I would probably start at 40 pounds and make my way up.

With that said, we all have shot the Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. We went camping with a friend that had a couple of them set up for kids and adults. We all shot them well enough for me to be sold on them.

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the insight.

Was in the same boat as you a few years ago when searching for a bow for my wife. You might want to swing by Ross and Cabelas and see what they have in the stock for used, older model or bargain cave bows. There are several other mfg's who make similar bows. My wife shot most of them over the course of a few months, and decided on a PSE Chaos. We backed it down to 26 lbs when she started, and it can go to 60.

• Like 1

I think its a really good idead setting yourself and your kiddos all up the same. If you allready shot the edge and like it, I cant see any benefit to spending days or weeks shopping around. These are fine bows and while there are many that are more expensive, you'll never find one that makes deer deader or punches holes in a target any differently.

Get your gear rounded up and take those little ones to a 3d shoot. If they like shooting archery, they'll have the time of their lives at one of those. ;)

• Like 1