DEERSLAM

Monster Columbian Blktail

great buck and excellent 'trophy photo' :o

congrats to the archer! Would love some more details , spot and stalk, tree stand - groundblind?

AzP&Y

Arrowslinger put the spot and stalk on the monster in one of our NorCal wilderness areas. He arrowed it after an 18 hour storm in the high country.

Outdoorwriter will be interviewing Arrowslinger for an artical on the hunt of a lifetime.

Trophy of a Lifetime!

That said it all. Thanks for sharing. Mike did you get any pics this year?

Buckhorn

Hey Nathan. I usually don't head out for pics until the rut starts up in Nov. Main problem is that I need to get a new camera before hand since the wife dropped the camera I use for wildlife pics :(

Yep, the storm was brutal in a bivy sac and small tarp..couple that with a deflated air mattress and that makes for a miserable night at 7K on a knife ridge totally exposed. Just like Deerslam said, it was spot-n-stalk starting at 150 yards.....but it took 2 hours to get in and put'em down. Very intense at moments, but worth the effort.

Awesome trophy. Way to stick the storm out and seal the deal, congrats. Do they consider the deer in B-zone hybrids or straight blacktail? Also, how is that new Sitka Gear? Again congrats.

Awesome to have ya on here postin' pic's again DEERSLAM! What an amazing critter Arrowslinger.......sounds like you really deserved that buck!!! Congrats! JIM>

Awesome trophy. Way to stick the storm out and seal the deal, congrats. Do they consider the deer in B-zone hybrids or straight blacktail? Also, how is that new Sitka Gear? Again congrats.

Pure Columbian Blacktail, west of the B&C boundary of I-5.

Arrowslinger slinger is lovin the Stika Gear. Had to go out and get some myself.

Thanks again guys.....yeah, the Sitka gear did it's job very well. The nights were cold and wet, but the shirt and vest dried very quick! It's a great product and i'll be buying some additional items from'em for my upcoming elk/muley hunt.

He looks real good Kirk!

Summer capes are always going to be a bit on the ragged side...but dang who's lookin at the cape, what a lotta bone!

Congrats again my friend.