Sign in to follow this  
Quagmire

Rainbow Lake

Hi all!

Just wondering if anybody could chime in on a recent fishing report on Rainbow Lake. Heading there for the first time this weekend and want to be able to catch my own dinner at least 1 night. I checked the fishing report on AZGFD website but the report is very vague. Anything helps especially past reports and baits that work well this time of year.

Thank you everyone!

you could probably catch trout right off the dock/ramp area. tiny hook, tiny split shot 18" up, little bit of powerbait. it might be mad weeded up status though.

Lots of lakes around there if you can't catch your dinner at rainbow. I think the restaurant at the lake is still open? Friday fish fry! If you stay across the highway you can fish a private lake.

Hey there, this time of year can be tough trout fishing in lakes, lakes get warm and pH gets high. Rainbow Lake can be even harder to fish because of the weeds. Show Low Lake is a better bet this time of year because it has better summer water quality. But if yoy have to fish near town I'd strongly recommend show low creek right below the lake if it was stocked recently, you can ask camp ground hosts at show low lake campground how to get to the creek fishing spot.

• Like 1

Years ago I used to stay at the Lake of the woods resort across the street from Rainbow. Fished their private lake, and walked over and fished from the dam at Rainbow. Caught fish, but the weed line was a bit of a problem.

I just got back from my trip. I took everyone's tips and it paid off for me. I first got to Rainbow and man, the weeds are everywhere and out quite a ways. I do not have a boat so fishing from shore was the only option there for me. I was skunked out on Friday there but I did fish a bit over at Showlow Lake. I also got skunked out there too but I went back Saturday morning and only got 2 bites but I was able to hook into them and land them. Not very big but still worthy trout keepers and dinner. Went back to Rainbow and fished form shore. I used a trout power worm and a small bobber and caught a bunch of really small bass and a couple small bluegill. Was a bunch of fun and was able to end the night feeling good. Really beautiful up there and already planning the next trip up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had a guy fishing next to me and he was telling me to go to Scotts.

Everyone knows there is only trout in the white mountains. Local knowledge is needed for fishing Scotts.