Big Browns

I'm tired of being fat & out of shape

Down 16lbs since this thread was started. Thanks Big Browns gave me a get off my but jump start. Thanks to GreyGhost85 for answering a bunch of my questions on the keto. I was 266 July 14 now 250 still along ways to go. Thanks again every one who posted and keep up the hard work.

• Like 3

I'm willing to get out with a few others to exercise/workout. My only downfall is that I can't jog/run.. I have been trying to do long hikes/walks. If anyone wants to join or has a good idea to get some exercise in nearby.. feel free to share. I can't afford a gym membership but I do have basic weights at home.

• Like 2

I'm willing to get out with a few others to exercise/workout. My only downfall is that I can't jog/run.. I have been trying to do long hikes/walks. If anyone wants to join or has a good idea to get some exercise in nearby.. feel free to share. I can't afford a gym membership but I do have basic weights at home.

Can't afford a gym membership is bullscheite! You don't have to go to mountain side or la fitness. Fitness 1 is $15 a month with month to month payment and if you look around you can find others the same. There are many things yoy can do outside the gym it's just staying motivated to do them and that is the main benefit of the gym. That and ac.

If you live on the East side I would definitely meet up with you for some hiking.

• Like 1

Yes, we are relatively close. I would love to try and start a routine. Start small and build our way up to something big.

I've been wanting to do this for awhile but it can be a challenge to get the motivation to do it.. especially in this dreaded heat. I think if I had another guy suffering with me, I would feel a bit better.. haha

I'm going to walk and do strength training during the week and then try to go on a longer hike during the weekends. I've lost 5 pounds so far just changing the way I eat. Just 81 more pounds to go.. (sigh) <_<

• Like 1

Good for you congrats! I would only recommend instead of walking just do cardio acceleration while or after strength training. Look at kettle bell swings, jump squats or box step ups. You are going to shed more weight and quicker doing that for 10min a day with lifting than lifting and then walking for an hour. Keep it up! Motivation comes when you see the results!

• Like 1

What would be good "cardio acceleration" ? I'm unable to jump or run because of my knees.. squats are possible but I have to be very cautious and careful.

I used to be able to have access to a pool but nothing like that now. It has been a challenge trying to be active in despite of my knees. However, I'm willing and ready to push myself to see if I can lose most my weight and rebuild the muscle around my knees to protect myself from future injury

Started today at 238lbs hoping for 200lbs , eat right , grapefruit and the elliptical 4 months until late 23.

Well crap.. If you don't have any knees I would look at kettle bell and step ups but both are going to stress your knees. Take it easy and go slow. As the weight comes off your knees will feel better. Load a calorie tracker to your phone to help stay on track with diet especially if you aren't able to do alot of cardio.

• Like 1

Alright, I'm starting today as well. I'm 6' 285 right now, by my Nov 4th deer hunt I want to be 240. I'm a pretty big dude, I got healthy years ago and got down to 230, all my friends said I looked like I had cancer lol. It will be tough, but doable. I have been living life like the old Toby Keith song 'Good as I once was' and it's just not cutting it anymore. I can hike my tail off just like I could when I was younger, but now it takes me 2 weeks to recover instead of a day. Good luck a persevere everyone. Don't take days off from your routine, there will always be excuses to stray from good eating. But is it worth it? To have to lose that weight again that took so much effort to lose in he first place? I've yo-yoed a few times, it sucks to have to do this again. I'll post my results, you guys should too so we can support each other. Thanks guys, Jim

• Like 2

I'm 6'3" 230 19% body fat. I was 263 at the first of the year with 32%. I would like to get around 12% but don't know if I can. I'm in the best shape I ever have been and almost 40.

• Like 1

I'm 6'3" 230 16% body fat. I was 263 at the first of the year with 32%. I would like to get around 12% but don't know if I can. I'm in the best shape I ever have been and almost 40.

you lost half your body fat but don't think you can lose another 4%? Why not

Well crap.. If you don't have any knees I would look at kettle bell and step ups but both are going to stress your knees. Take it easy and go slow. As the weight comes off your knees will feel better. Load a calorie tracker to your phone to help stay on track with diet especially if you aren't able to do alot of cardio.

haha well crap is right ! That's pretty much how I feel. But either way, I figured if I just keep pushing myself to walk, hike, lift weights, something will always be better than nothing. I think once I lose about 20 pounds I may start to attempt to jog.. for the sake of getting some cardio in.